Repair kit for 2nd stage Scubapro MK5

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, the G200 kit should work.

Instead ad for the first stage (mk5) Wich is the analog kit ? If exist...

You might not have the installed the poppet so that the feet catch on the lever securely. Install the lever, then poppet, then spring, spring pad, adjustment knob. Then adjust the orifice so that there is no free flow, then tighten the orifice 1/8 turn more. Then install the diaphragm, diaphragm cover, case cover. There are lots of threads about this if you search.

I could do it. I've regulated the orifice so that the knob is closed, no air steps. Peraps i haven't try it, over pressure (only with my breath). Tomorrow i will try with my equipment :wink:

Last edited:
Instead ad for the first stage (mk5) Wich is the analog kit ? If exist...

You would need a MK-5 kit for the first stage. As someone had mentioned you could use a MK-10 kit (both use the same kind of seats) but you would need to swap out an o-ring or two. A MK-10 +, Mk-15, Mk-20, or 25 kit will not work as the seat is different. There are annotated diagrams on SB and Vintage Double Hose showing the proper size o-rings.

I think you misunderstood me. The photo I posted is of my own MK8 with a Scubapro MK5 DIN adapter installed. I don't see a saddle in the photo of the OP's MK5.

View attachment 216256

I have a similar adapter, I purchased with a box of junk off eBay. The first stage is rough but the adapter is in much better shape.

20150914_165706.jpg

I have a similar adapter, I purchased with a box of junk off eBay. The first stage is rough but the adapter is in much better shape.

View attachment 216475

Your DIN connector appears to be genuine Scubapro. The easiest way to tell is that there is a heavy duty E-clip that goes between the DIN wheel and the saddle.

IMG_0843.JPGIMG_0844.JPG~

Perfect. I'm trying to reassemblee the second stage but the poppet assy doesn't work.

when i push the diagrapham valve, it crush and doesn't return more on. Wich is the corret method for reassemble the diagrapham assy, poppet assy, spring and adj knob?

Bob Dweller,

If you have not done so already, go to Home - Vintage Double Hose --> Manuals & Catalogs--> ScubaPro schematics --> download the files named "ScubaPro poppet changes.", "109 G250 adjustment principals", and "109 2nd stage adjustment principals" and any other files that are related to the regulators you have. Have a good read, this is homework you will enjoy.

Couv

Bob Dweller,

If you have not done so already, go to Home - Vintage Double Hose --> Manuals & Catalogs--> ScubaPro schematics --> download the files named "ScubaPro poppet changes.", "109 G250 adjustment principals", and "109 2nd stage adjustment principals" and any other files that are related to the regulators you have. Have a good read, this is homework you will enjoy.

Couv

Can you link me ? I don't find the page..

Any Scubapro dealer in Europe or the US should be able to get you a MK5 service kit, the number still is 10.105.045 and you find it in the actual Spare Parts Lists.

The part number for the G200/ADJ/M50 Service Kit is 11.109.045 and for the S555/600/G250HP/BAL. ADJ/ CLASSIC it is 11.254.045

If you don't find a source, contact me, I might be able to help you out......:)

I think your problem with tuning your 2nd stage is that you are using a new flow through poppet from a g200b kit. That is a balanced regulator and uses a balance chamber part. It shares a poppet with the s series and g series of regulators. You can reuse your old poppet body but need a non balanced seat from an r series reg. Like the r195 r295 r395 r190. I think that will solve your problem if I am seeing your pictures correctly.

I think your problem with tuning your 2nd stage is that you are using a new flow through poppet from a g200b kit. That is a balanced regulator and uses a balance chamber part. It shares a poppet with the s series and g series of regulators. You can reuse your old poppet body but need a non balanced seat from an r series reg. Like the r195 r295 r395 r190. I think that will solve your problem if I am seeing your pictures correctly.

The 2nd stage Bob Dweller pictured is the unbalanced 109 with the current duro poppet (11-200-105). It is not converted to the balanced adjustable configuration which would require the S-wing poppet (11-250-220) along with the lighter spring, the balance chamber, and the rivet style seat (11-250-221).

I suspect he was having an assembly problem with the lever not interfacing with the duro popper correctly. Usually that is simply a matter of correct assembly, but in some cases may require a new lever to operate correctly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom