replacement for Dart second stage diaphragm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dsenloe

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Has anyone ever had to find a substitute diaphragm for a Dacor Dart second stage. I am rebuilding one that has near perfect chrome and rubber, with the exception of this fragile part. I think it was a design flaw that put too big of a stainless plate in the rubber, and they failed at the transition point. I am wondering what I can use as a substitute. I have tried the neoprene one from an olympic model, but it needs about 1/8 inch more rubber al the way around since the dart diaphragm was pierced for screws. I need something that is 3 1/8 inches in diameter. Any help is always appreciated Scott

Herman, don't keep this info a secret. I have a Dart that is the first reg I ever breathed from that needs an overhaul. I think mine may need a second stage seat but I have not gotten into it yet. Do you know if any parts are available ?
I am not sure if I can resurface anything yet but I plan on working on it this winter.

Not a secret really. I am just playing around with the idea of reproducing some diaphrams for some of the old single hose regs. At this time I don't have anything but will need an old diaphram for a model so I wanted the old one if Scott finds a replacement and intends to trash the old one.

Herman, I have several old single hose diaphragms and would be happy to share. PM me if you'd like them.

These diaphrams are the right diameter. PM if you are interested in one for your project.
diaphrams2.jpg

diaphrams1.jpg

have a look at the USD Conshelf XII - XXIV.

You also might have a look at page 27 of the 2009 Trident catalog.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom