Replacement O-Ring for Canon WP-DC21 (G9)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jlw

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello all!

Today I decided to set up my Canon G9 with its Canon housing, my ULCS tray and Inon Z240 strobe.

Upon opening the box and looking at the housing I felt the o-ring was suspect. I took it off and examined it at length -- I believe it is fine but I'd much prefer to get a replacement. I've looked around online and found a few in the UK and one or two in the US but these guys at DiverVision want $15 to ship it to me. I'm likely desperate enough to pay $15 as the dive is a live aboard and around 1 week away -- but the O-Ring itself is $15!

Anyone got ideas on where to find these? I called BackScatter in Monterey, CA and they said they won't carry the housing as it can't take the wet lenses. I didn't care much as I have an Inon adaptor plate for another camera and can use them there. I wanted to see if I'd fall in-love with the G9 underwater or not. I'm a Nikon shooter and really miss my SLR when taking dive photos -- but I don't want to risk that much money to salt water.

Help!

Thanks

Jason

Jason, I bought two from cannon usa thier number is on the cannon usa web page. Don't recall the price nor shipping charges. good luck

Mark

Thanks Mark! I found one and am ready to go on my trip!

Thanks Mark! I found one and am ready to go on my trip!
O-Ring for WP-DC21

Where did you order it from and what was the total cost?

Thanks for your help in getting a spare O-Ring

O-Ring for WP-DC21

Where did you order it from and what was the total cost?

Thanks for your help in getting a spare O-Ring

See this sticky thread: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/canon-corner/151453-replacement-o-ring-wp-dc30.html

"Call the Canon Parts Order Desk at (732) 521-7230. It's open Mon-Fri 9am-5pm EST."

I picked up two o-rings for the WP-DC21 a few months ago from the Canon Parts desk - they were about $7 each with a few bucks for shipping if I remember correctly. They also sell grease and what not.

Nathan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom