Replacing the valves or not

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nordiver

Registered
Reaction score
Hello.
I'll change the oil in my compressor (Bauer K14) from organic to synthetic and then I'm a little in doubt whether I should replace all the valves or remove and clean them and use them again. I've been recommended both methods of different compressor repair. I plan to disassemble the compressor completely and clean all parts and pipes and then I wonder whether it is best to install new valves. What are your recommendations?

CHANGING OVER TO SYNTHETIC OIL: Be sure to remove all residue of the natural oil. Flush with mineral spirits (running the machine a minute or less with min sprits in place of oil), fill with syn oil and run 10 minutes or so, then refill with syn oil.

CHANGING VS REFURBISHING VALVES: The decision to replace is a personal choice based on the value of your time vs the cost of new parts. If you refurbish, i recommend renewing the springs but not sure where you can obtain only the springs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom