Replacing Thermalution batteries

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JohnN

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have some Thermalution batteries that have degraded to the point that they only give me 10-15 minutes of heat even on he lowest setting.

To say Thermalution is very proud of those batteries is an understatement ($90 each), but in all fairness the aluminum case and plug are probably expensive.

Does anyone tried to take apart the battery pack?

If I can get the case apart, are there any handy suggestions about if / how to match the Li-ion cells

You can look online at how people have made li-ion battery packs before, I'm not familiar with the system you speak of but if the pack itself has to be water proof that would complicate things. Also if you can't find a suitable pack online you'd need to make one yourself with nickle strips and a tack welder. It's doable but may be quite hard, do you have photos of the pack?

Do they even have them available to purchase? Last time I checked their website they were sold out of everything??

Do they even have them available to purchase? Last time I checked their website they were sold out of everything??

Supply chain issues, probably since they come from Taiwan.

Thermalution “once” had the batteries, since I have two pair. I was unnecessarily optimistic about the replacement cost, if they had them, it would be $180 each

I took one apart for “fun”. Very slick rubber boot over the end that locks into holes in the metal sleeve, and then the batteries are potted in some sort of black epoxy. No way that little sucker is coming out of its package

if they had them, it would be $180 each
I have the compact dive shirt. The batteries (if they had them) are $180 a pair.

Looks like the batteries for the venture heat. What wh are your existing batteries? I'm a venture retailer myself. Might be able to help?

Any luck finding a replacement battery? They are very hard to purchase now. My SPE-002-C batteries are acting dead after only 30 dives, but they did recently come out of 3 years in storage.. I wonder if it's possible to rehabilitate them?

As best I can tell, Thermalution is no more.

You might find a series (12 or so) charge/discharge cycles will bring them back

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom