Reporting an issue in the website

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gehadoski

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I know that this might be :eek:fftopic:
I am not sure if I am posting this in the right place or not, but if I am not correct feel free to move it wherever you like.

The issue is the numbers that are showing on the forum are not the real numbers or there is something wrong with it.

for example
Under Scubaboard Matrix section there is Site Support. When you click on site support you will find a subforum called feedback. The numbers next to this subforum is 116 Thread and 3,623 Post.

Click inside feedback
You will see that there only 1 thread with 5 replies.

Please correct me if I am wrong

It might be looking this way because of how your account is set up. When I go to Feedback, I see 119 pages of threads (15 threads/page).

If you go to the bottom of thread list, there's an additional section of controls called "Thread Display Options" which controls how many of the 116 threads you'll see in the listing, and the sort order. You may only be displaying recent threads, rather than all since the Beginning of the particular forum. Similarly in your User CP, under General Settings, there's a section called "Thread Display Options". The last item is Default Thread Age Cutoff, which does the same thing. I think the default when an account is created is normally "Use Forum Default". You might want to check if yours has been accidentally changed.

Of course, if both of these are set correctly, the problem is something else. :)

BTW, FWIW I would probably have posted this under Site Support, since it's a specific issue that could use fixing, rather than a general comment. Feedback doesn't seem to get (or need?) as immediate a response.

Thanks for your lucid answer, bleeb! I think you nailed this one.

Back
Top Bottom