REQUEST :: Bungee Mount for Oceanic VT3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll be back from Jamaica on the 11th of this month and them am not likely to dive again until at the earliest February on a Bonne Terre trip and for sure diving mid April so I could send you my VT3 to play with when I get back.

It'll return alive correct? :wink:

Step one is to see if the gauge lends itself to a reasonable / practical mold.

That takes a day or two.

Step two is to make a careful CAD model of the instrument.

That can require quite a bit of time

Step three is to design a mold.

That can require quite a bit of time.

Step four is to actually machine the mold.

More time.

Step five is to test fit the instrument in the molded part and see if it is adequately retained, and meets the other requirements.

More time.

Could I do all in 3-4 weeks? Sure if I had no other daily responsibilities. As a practical matter the typical instrument mount mold is about a 6 month project.

If you are willing to send me your mount I can get Steps 1 & 2 done and return the computer. I'll need it back and or another latter on.

No instruments have been harmed in the development of any of our mounts. :wink:

Tobin

OK,

I can't promise a mount, but I'll take a look at the problem.

Who has a "donor" instrument for me to model?

A "dead" one would be just fine. I need to keep if until I'm done, and that could be weeks or months.

Tobin

Yipeeeeeee!!! :cheers:
Do you think Oceanic/Hollis would be willing to provide a donor? After all, it would be beneficial fort hem as well. Do you have any ties with them or shall "we" approach someone from the company?

That takes a day or two.

More time.

Step five is to test fit the instrument in the molded part and see if it is adequately retained, and meets the other requirements.

More time.

Could I do all in 3-4 weeks? Sure if I had no other daily responsibilities. As a practical matter the typical instrument mount mold is about a 6 month project.

If you are willing to send me your mount I can get Steps 1 & 2 done and return the computer. I'll need it back and or another latter on.

Tobin

normally in a situation like this my line is "how can i say thank you" but since i will be buying SEVERAL from you ... you'll be receiving a monetary thank you!
thanks tobin
would be great to see (or even purchase) them at beneath the sea (even a prototype?

That takes a day or two.

More time.

More time.

Tobin

I'll PM you when I get back to detrmine how best to go about this and see if you still need it!

Doug Krause (from Oceanic) has agreed to provide a sample to Tobin. I would like to thank him very much for this and look forward to the time that I can buy one of the finished mounts.

I think this level of cooperation from Manufacturers is rare and I hope that people keep actions like this in mind when making future purchases. I have dealt with Doug on a couple of occasions and am very pleased with the level of customer service I have received from Oceanic. Tobin's bungee mounts are great too.

Please let Oceanic and Deep Sea Supply know that this is appreciated.

John

Ok then......let the games begin. All of you that replied with interest to this thread, please make sure you thank the parties who made this happen.

Thanks Guys. :)

Well done guys; Posters to this thread, Tobin & Doug.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom