requirements for trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diverrick

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I need some help here My wife wants to go to an all inclusive, 7 day stay, dive only resort. It must have, warm water, unlimited shore dives, and fills, at least two tank boat dives a day, preferably PADI certified, be flexable regarding food, as she cannot eat greasy/fatty food, be under 1000.00 per person, North of the equater, and available in March 2004. I have posted here before about different places I have considered, but have yet to find that perfect place. I wanted to see if any of you out there have any strong reccommendation? So far Roatan seems to be the only contender.

diverrick:
I need some help here My wife wants to go to an all inclusive, 7 day stay, dive only resort. It must have, warm water, unlimited shore dives, and fills, at least two tank boat dives a day, preferably PADI certified, be flexable regarding food, as she cannot eat greasy/fatty food, be under 1000.00 per person, North of the equater, and available in March 2004. I have posted here before about different places I have considered, but have yet to find that perfect place. I wanted to see if any of you out there have any strong reccommendation? So far Roatan seems to be the only contender.

Can you say Fantasy Island Resort?

I do the all inclusive except for the booze; they have a alcohol included AI option, but I don't drink that much. Water is warm year 'round, unlimited shore dives & fills - day or night, 3 boat dives a day, PADI certified, and the food is good. I have the US agent phone number at home, if you'd like it; PM me for that.

AKR is nice, too, but a little too busy for me, and I like the south shore wall dives. CCV is popular, but I like TV, AC, phones in my room, and boats with life presservrs.

don

Didnt dive there myself but have seen the resort and it is STUNNING... Coral Grand resort (Koh Tao Thailand), they also have superb boats, flexibility, easy access to excellent dive sites and their staff are second to none. (no Im not on commission!)

diverrick:
... be under 1000.00 per person.

DORSETBOY:
Didnt dive there myself but have seen the resort and it is STUNNING... Coral Grand resort (Koh Tao Thailand), they also have superb boats, flexibility, easy access to excellent dive sites and their staff are second to none. (no Im not on commission!)

Sounds super!! This would be avaible for $1,000 each including air?! :D

Think FIBR is running about $1550 including air out of Houston. BTW, I think it's Fantasy Island Beach Resort, actually, as they also have the best beach on the island. You just have to wear a lot of deet for the sand bugs; nothing's perfect.

don

FIBR is at 800 676-2826

But still, unfortunately, although Fantasy claims a shore dive, no one ever
does it. If you see one diver in a week period make an exit on their shore-
that would be a lot. The shore dive from Fantasy is a long, long swim
through the milky moonscape caused by FIBR's dredging of sand for their
"beach". FIBR actualy anchors a planned dive boat over the Prince
Albert Wreck, which is a short and clear shore dive from CoCoView.

Occasionaly, FIBR takes a small group out there in a small pram row
boat to do back rolls over the side for early night dives over the PA
Wreck at 6 pm. Those unfamiliar with following the aircraft cable strung
through the murk to find the way back to FIBR are well advised to begin
their return trip at 1500 psi. It is not uncommon for divers from CCV to
start their way back at 800 psi, arriving ashore at 4-500 psi.

There is a nightly procession of (usualy 6-18) shore divers from
CoCoView, on the same path as the day time divers doing a "drop off
dive".

No, there is only one resort based shore dive at Roatan, and it is the best
reason to go to CCV. BTW, Don, there are AC rooms at CCV, but hard to
say why you'd want them- what with the rooms laid out the way they are.

Call CCV at 800 282-8932. Mention my name and get a good laugh. Try
the website at http://www.cocoviewresort.com and click on the
"discussion group".

Like I say- I have dived with them all, cerainly FIBR, I've eaten at them all, I've at least looked at every room type available on the island's AI resorts.... CCV isn't for everyone, but if you want SCUBA Maximus- a real shore dive 24/7 as well as the best boats anywhere, it might work for you.

And thank God in heaven, no TV.

RoatanMan:
Don, there are AC rooms at CCV, but hard to
say why you'd want them- what with the rooms laid out the way they are.

And thank God in heaven, no TV.

Hey RoatanMan!

I thought about PMing you about this thread, as you always have good input, but then - you found it...

Didn't know that CCV had AC? I ran mine a couple hours a day in July, but CCV rooms may be naturally cooler. And I never did use the phone or TV. But the one guy who was sick for 3 days was glad he had AC & TV; it can happen to anyone.

don

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom