rescue certified at age 17

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jake32010

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
what do you think?

Welcome to the 'board!!!

Why not?

Age doesn't matter, it's the maturity that I care about... and if the person at 17 can take it seriously, then I can take him/her serious.

Where do you dive and how often?

I interview my potential students..one question is always "Why do you want to do this particular course?"
The best answer ever..for a rescue course was from a "youngster" .."My buddy is my Dad..he's old...we hunt..and he's not as strong as he used to be... I want to be ready when the time comes to rescue him." This diver was just 16.

what do you think?

Safer diver, better buddy? I think it's fantastic.

We have junior firefighters and ambulance personnel so why not? Ever see the size of some 17 yr olds. Cripes! I'd rather have some 17 yr old linebacker pulling me out of trouble with no problem as opposed to a 30 yr old who can't lift their own gear. There were also quite a few 17 yr olds who fought and sacrificed for us in the big one- WWII. So why not a 17 yr old rescue diver? Go for it!

For as long as man has been fighting wars, they have sent their young into battle. Many teenagers have become heroes responding in a crisis.

Congrats on the rescue cert! Keep those skills honed.

Back
Top Bottom