Rescue Chopper Training

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AndyNZ

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Had a pretty cool experience yesterday whilst out diving.

The local rescue helicopter has a new winchman in need of training, and they teamed up with one of our dive charters (Dive! Tutukaka) to get some practice for the new guy.

We were on board and got to see the whole thing. For divers who have never seen the precision with with the chopper pilots are flying it was a real eye-opener. It was also good for people to see what is involved in air lifting someone from a boat 10nm out to sea. Shame we didn't have a Rescue course running! :wink:

Some of my photos have made it on to the Dive! Tutukaka page on Facebook:

D!T on Facebook

Once I sort through all the rest, I'll post some more up.

There's also a video on YouTube:

YouTube - Rescue Helicopter Training

And to top it off, had an awesome dive in Scary Cave after the training. Good visibility beyond the restriction enabled us to start surveying the fresh water chamber at the end, which was very cool.

Very cool!

For divers who have never seen the precision with with the chopper pilots are flying it was a real eye-opener.

Divers and non-divers end up with the jaws in the floor.

Every once in a while a test may required towed bodies in addition to the unmanned vehicles, those pilots are true artists, they keep the lines so perfectly.

This was of Port Everglades in mid August.

Attachments

• IMG_1842.jpg
    IMG_1842.jpg
    210.2 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_2534.jpg
    IMG_2534.jpg
    255.1 KB · Views: 29
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom