Rescue course... have manual, need the end of chapter tests

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Can we define "copying"? I have accepted KR's that were typed or hand-written. It didn't seem as if I had the obligation to determine where the material came from, only that the student had it.

Typed or hand-written are okay, AFAIK. However, PADI did release a update in 06 that states students may copy their knowledge reviews and submit them to the instructor in order to keep the originals in the book as a reference. This update was released at the same time PADI decided instructors only need to verify the KRs are done and do not need to collect them.

PADI did release a update in 06 that states students may copy their knowledge reviews and submit them to the instructor in order to keep the originals in the book as a reference. This update was released at the same time PADI decided instructors only need to verify the KRs are done and do not need to collect them.

So, Don, can I photocopy my KR's to give you or do you even need to keep copies? Let me know and I'll bring the copies with me. Being a bit anal, I hate to tear up a perfectly good book. :wink:

Of course the instructor is required to keep the signed, original test pages. Each student signs each page to prove they have learned and understand the material presented in the course. This eliminates any claims against the instructor, since the student has signed off on each lesson.

when i did it my instructor just xerox the test pages; my manuals are intact (OW+AOW+RD):wink:

Even though you are not required to keep the KR's, our store does collect them from the students and puts them in the students personal file we keep in our store. In the event of a lawsuit, where the student/ student's family claims they were never taught something, we can pull out those knowledge reviews with the students handwriting and prove that they did learn whatever it was. It's a CYA thing.

We have some very, very old files in our collection. Way back when PADI started issuing yellow student files.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom