Rescue Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Welshman

Reaction score
Just started my Rescue Diver course on Friday evening. Spent that and Saturday morning in the classroom then off to the delights of Dosthill quarry on Saturday afternoon for the first exercises. I'd just like to say that from my experience so far (I've another day of exercises to do) this is a very useful course. The skills I'm learning which might help me help someone else are useful enough in improving my own diving.

Anyone else got any thoughts on the value of this course?

Congrats on advancing your training.

I am a recently certified Rescue Diver myself. I felt that the skills and knowledge acquired in this class makes divers more comfortable and aware underwater. And this course has really motivated me to continue to improve my diving skills, and to put a lot more thought into the planning and execution of my dives.

I think the skills and training are more than worth it. It made me a more confidant and thoughtful diver, and the first time you use the rescue skills, you'll be glad you learned them!

I found the evaluation skills taught to be an unexpected benefit...the little clues that DMs use to get a quick read on a diver they do not know.

Ken

It is a magnificent course! However, how much of high School physics & calculus do we remember if we have not used them for 20 years? Rescue is the same; we have to keep using the skills to keep them sharp. Towing buddies for practice & renewing CPR cards annually helps, as does taking the lead role at a dive in finding the phone, establishing emergency proceedure. Don't let your lessons sit on mothballs.

Thanks for all your helpful comments. Unfortunately food poisoning on Saturday night intervened so wasn't fit to finish off on the Sunday. Have rescheduled for 14 September so will report back then.

Best wishes

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom