Reset Temp reading on ProPlus 2?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaSoulSelf

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi - I'm new to the board and also just took my new Oceanic gear on its first saltwater trip about a week ago. Love my Hera & Delta4, but my Proplus 2 was reading water temp 4-5° less than everyone else's computers, including my fiance's Proplus 2 bought the same day.

Is there a way to reset the temp or do i need to take it to the LDS or send to Oceanic to have it recalibrated? Everything else about the unit worked perfectly and is easy to read/operate.

Thanks!!

Linda

Search the forum for this topic.

I remember Doug saying once that all computers, Oceanic or otherwise are off by 5-6 degrees. So if you are comparing two computers and one if off high and the other low, you can have a 10-12 degree difference. So for you to be off 4-5 degrees seems within norm. I would track and if you are always reading low, then compensate for it.

BTW, they can not be calibrated. They asked that also in this forum.

Search the forum for this topic.

I remember Doug saying once that all computers, Oceanic or otherwise are off by 5-6 degrees. So if you are comparing two computers and one if off high and the other low, you can have a 10-12 degree difference. So for you to be off 4-5 degrees seems within norm. I would track and if you are always reading low, then compensate for it.

BTW, they can not be calibrated. They asked that also in this forum.

I would have to agree - I have a Datamask and an Atom 2 - the Datamask always reads a solid 5 degrees lower than the Atom and I carry a small capilary type thermometer and it shows somewhere in between the two computers. Seems that you always know on a dive what the temp is going to be when you jump in, so I don't see temp readings from computers as anything more than a "gee whiz" type thing. On an average 100ft dive you are going to have a few degrees variance on the dive temps thoughout the dive anyway.

:D

thanks for the replies. i took it by the LDS and they are having it checked out for me just to be sure.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom