Residencias Reef/Secrets Pier Update March 6, 2018

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ronscuba

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Update as of March 6, 2018

Checked in at Residencias Reef. Bought passes for 5 days, $2 each. The "passes" were paper bracelets with Secrets name/logo (all inclusive type paper bracelets). No booklets as described in other posts.

Diving with Aldora. Saw Dive with Martin picking up others at similar times.

3 days so far. No one on the pier in the morning. 1 day a guy was on the pier at drop off. He politely cut off my paper bracelet. Been wearing same bracelet for 2 days now. No one on pier checking.

I appreciate your update. We will be at the Residencias next month and I was wondering how they were approaching this system.

Glad to hear that there is some consistency now - we also have been picking a group up everyday without problems. Was planning to report this update as well at the end of the week.

Where are the bracelets sold ? Or, does our dive op purchase and issue the bracelets ?

Last edited:
Where are the bracelets sold ? Or, does our dive op purchase and issue the bracelets ?

Dive ops are not purchasing the bracelets.

If staying at Secrets or Sunscape, you can purchase the bracelets at the front desk. Isf staying at Residencias Reef, they can be purchased at the guards station at the property entrance.

We had two groups there for the past 2 weeks who had no trouble at all purchasing their own bracelets - both at Secrets and Residencias Reef.

Thanks Christi for the info. :scubadiver:

Good info thanks. Myself + 4 staying in a condo there May 19-26

Was planning Aldora but will be looking for another shop now. Short list includes Liquid Blue, living underwater, Blue XT and Tres Pelicanos

Good info thanks. Myself + 4 staying in a condo there May 19-26

Was planning Aldora but will be looking for another shop now. Short list includes Liquid Blue, living underwater, Blue XT and Tres Pelicanos
Why are you no longer considering Aldora ?

Aldora Divers Review: Two Tank Solo New Diver Experience Coming off a Cruise Ship

To save you from reading all that stuff, Aldora messed up with one of their customers. He sent them an email asking for explanation. After 2 weeks of no response, OP reviewed Aldora here. Dave, the owner, tried to blame the customer for problem, but, it turned out it was completely their fault. Still, no apology from Dave. So, lot of people are getting sore.

Aldora Divers Review: Two Tank Solo New Diver Experience Coming off a Cruise Ship

To save you from reading all that stuff, Aldora messed up with one of their customers. He sent them an email asking for explanation. After 2 weeks of no response, OP reviewed Aldora here. Dave, the owner, tried to blame the customer for problem, but, it turned out it was completely their fault. Still, no apology from Dave. So, lot of people are getting sore.
That's a bit editorialized, IMO. My editorialized take on it is that it looks like an overreaction to a couple of ill-advised posts by the owner coming from a few (not really a "lot of people") who would pass judgement on his whole operation because of this minor dustup. They apparently are trying to influence divers to avoid diving with Aldora.

BTW, the OP in that thread is a she.

For the record I have never met Dave (Aldora's owner) and I have no firsthand experience with Aldora other than a dive computer rental several years ago.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom