Resorts nearest Denpasar

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hippocampus01

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hurriedly arranging a trip to Indo. Have to stay in Bali to start with. Never been to Bali, no time to spend hours searching, and only spending three days before travelling on for liveaboard.
Please can any of you locals recommend a dive resort that is close to Denpasar, don’t want lengthy transfers if only there for three days. Not bothered about riveting diving, just somewhere nice to stay with the option of a few dives.
Thank you

When are you going? I was looking into this for a liveaboard trip in 2023 and will probably stay at Club Med Bali. I personally haven't been to the Bali location but Club Med's are generally very high quality. They're not open until May though. It's 15 minutes from the airport and should have diving located on-site but I would confirm that before booking.

When are you going? I was looking into this for a liveaboard trip in 2023 and will probably stay at Club Med Bali. I personally haven't been to the Bali location but Club Med's are generally very high quality. They're not open until May though. It's 15 minutes from the airport and should have diving located on-site but I would confirm that before booking.
Next week! But thank you for your reply

Sanur Beach.

Dived with them at Lembeh yrs ago but no experience with this set up in Sanur.
Understand there is no actual diving in Sanur. They are gonna put you in a bus and drive you there and back to Padang Bai (1:00), Tulamben (2:30), or straight to the harbor for the boat trip to Lembongan/Nusa Penida ( :45 to 1:15). That may be fine for you. Two Fish is a big player in the scuba world in Indonesia. I have dived at many of their resorts, and every time I have been happy. They get it.

They will not have onsite diving. There is no diving off Nusa Dua. They will have transport to take you to the places I mentioned above but add 30 minutes travel time.

They will not have onsite diving. There is no diving off Nusa Dua. They will have transport to take you to the places I mentioned above but add 30 minutes travel time.
Good to know thank you! Is there anything near-ish to DPS with on-site diving? I’m fine with 30-60 minute boat rides but definitely wouldn’t want to sit in a car/bus for that long. Like OP I plan to only stay on Bali 3-4 days before getting on a liveaboard. Ideally I’d do 2 days of diving and would rather be in a boat than a car but also within 30 minutes of the airport since I’ll head back there for a domestic flight to get to my liveaboard.

Ideally I’d do 2 days of diving and would rather be in a boat than a car but also within 30 minutes of the airport

As @matts1w mentioned there is no diving within 30min of the airport. You may find dive center that advertises close to the airport but that is just there office location, they will drive couple hours to the NE end of Bali.

Just to give you and idea here is a map of Bali:
Blue is the airport
Yellow is aprox. 30min drive from airport if there is no traffic could double that if there is traffic if your in a car. Scooter is the best to get around
Red are the main tourist dive sport, there are lots others on the North end as well and between PB and Amed
1648513665856.png

Back
Top Bottom