Resorts nearest Denpasar

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As @matts1w mentioned there is no diving within 30min of the airport. You may find dive center that advertises close to the airport but that is just there office location, they will drive couple hours to the NE end of Bali.

Just to give you and idea here is a map of Bali:
Blue is the airport
Yellow is aprox. 30min drive from airport if there is no traffic could double that if there is traffic if your in a car. Scooter is the best to get around
Red are the main tourist dive sport, there are lots others on the North end as well and between PB and Amed
View attachment 714879
Thank you so much for the heads up! This is great to know. I just assumed if a hotel had a dive op they were boat dives near the hotel but now I know to ask for specifics

Good to know thank you! Is there anything near-ish to DPS with on-site diving? I’m fine with 30-60 minute boat rides but definitely wouldn’t want to sit in a car/bus for that long. Like OP I plan to only stay on Bali 3-4 days before getting on a liveaboard. Ideally I’d do 2 days of diving and would rather be in a boat than a car but also within 30 minutes of the airport since I’ll head back there for a domestic flight to get to my liveaboard.
You can dive Bali like that, just adjust a little. Sanur is 30 mins or so from the airport and once there if you stay on the beach everything is very walkable. If you want to dive take a day and do three dives with Two Fish. You will get picked up around 7:30 and be back at the hotel around 5:00. I don't think I would do that two days in a row, but one day it is for sure worth it.

Or...

Go to Padang Bai and get a good mix of what Bali diving is. Padang Bai is only 1:15 from the airport. Spend one day diving with Geko Dive around Nusa Penia/Lembongan and another muck diving around Padang Bai. They will get you back to the airport for your domestic flight no problem. If your flight is early in the morning transport back to the airport area that evening and stay in one of the gazillion hotels in Kuta near the airport.

Go to Padang Bai and get a good mix of what Bali diving is. Padang Bai is only 1:15 from the airport. Spend one day diving with Geko Dive around Nusa Penia/Lembongan and another muck diving around Padang Bai.

Thanks for the suggestion! This is what I'm going to do. Now I just have to wait until 2023!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom