Restaurants serving lionfish

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The place that used to be the French Quarter (name escapes me) has a great chef that can prepare some great Pez Leon dishes. It is not on the menu. You have to bring you own fish but we had some great dishes that included ceviche, cajun, plain baked and the coconut mango. It was all good. Make sure you call ahead though. Not all of the chefs there know whats what with the lionfish.
View attachment 453163

I think the place that occupies the old French Quarter location is Casa Cuzamil - some of the kitchen staff used to work at Sabores, the loncheria in the private house just half a block south on Ave. 5 that closed a few years ago.

Just returned from Cozumel,and enjoyed a savory lion fish dinner at La Perlita. Sad to report Bahia del Caribe, the little cantina near the cemetery, in the backyard of the fish cooperative is...no longer.

The place that used to be the French Quarter (name escapes me) has a great chef that can prepare some great Pez Leon dishes. It is not on the menu. You have to bring you own fish but we had some great dishes that included ceviche, cajun, plain baked and the coconut mango. It was all good. Make sure you call ahead though. Not all of the chefs there know whats what with the lionfish.
View attachment 453163
Casa Cuzamil restaurant. Also a great place for a Comdia del dia lunch or early dinner. A possible source fish are the commercial fisherman over at Chin Rio, they bring their boats ashore around 2-3 PM I normally see a pretty good crop of Pez Leon in their coolers. Another source may be the fishermen north of ferry pier near the airbase.

Cervasia Punta Sur has a lionfish pizza when available. My brother in law got one last week and loved it. I didn't get a chance to try it, not a big seafood fan, but the other pizzas were also delicious as was their made in house stout.

Damn, The French Quarter is gone, too? I'm getting all nostalgic reading this. I used to work, and live, just half a block from it. I got along very well with the owner and son that ran it (I forget their names now), and when my clients were buying I nearly always dragged them to the French Quarter, preferrably for their giant Wahoo steaks, when they had it !
I was having dinner one night with local instructor Bill "Memo" LaRosa and his (then) girlfreind, Nancy Edwards, who I believe is still a real estate seller on the island (or so it appears from the couple times i've seen her on those Caribbean house hunting shows on TV).
The Quarter had just started a weekly all-you-can-eat babyback rib special, and after I choked down a mere 2-3 plates, they never ran that special again ! They actually told me later it was because of the beating I put on them, LOL!! ( In reality, they over-reacted, I actually took it easy on them, because i didn't want to be a complete pig in front of respectable folks like Bill and Nancy :D.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom