Retirement rocks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MMM

Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Whoo Hoo. Freedom 55 (+). Am retiring this year so just booked my free airmiles for 4.5 months in Cozumel starting in November. I've NEVER had this much time on my hands, EVER. What sort of trouble can I get into?

Congrats!!!! I can so totally understand! Retired Dec 31st after 28+ years in banking and 37 years straight working. It's a real culture shock to be home all day and not out the door at 7:00 AM, but house projects and other things are keeping me super busy! Just wish I had a way to go to Coz for 4+ months!

Retired 2 years ago, just love it. Over 25 years in the real estate biz which came after a stint as a systems analyst. I find plenty of things to do. Hubby travels about 90% of the time for his job so I tag along or visit. I think spending winters in Cozumel is a splendid idea! Enjoy your hard earned retirement.

I gave up my main job in '01, at 50. But never had to look for something to do. Always had at least 3 things going at a time. So still had 2. Am just as busy as my energy allows. Recently got on the paleo diet, also called caveman diet. Energy is up, and have dropped about 15 pounds. In 4 months.

Whoo Hoo. Freedom 55 (+). Am retiring this year so just booked my free airmiles for 4.5 months in Cozumel starting in November. I've NEVER had this much time on my hands, EVER. What sort of trouble can I get into?

Just remember the little people who got you there. Absolutely nothing higher than you can reach. Ladders are not your friend. Going deep is okay in the water. Just not high.
You're not ever going to be able to live that down. Ha ha.

If you need to paint your walls Donna will glady loan you our 12 foot paint pole and roller. Plenty of time to work on your Spanish. Donna says watching soaps help. I'm still questioning that part.

And if need something you can't find on the island drop us a note. You know at some point there will be another road trip.

Congratulations; but how is 4.5 months in Cozumel going to sit with the dogs and the wine. I retired almost 4 years ago and find we can travel more often but not more than a week or so at a time. Anybody want a really good cat?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom