Returning to diving, what kind of checkout/overall will my wing need?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tank29

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello DSS!
I bought a backplate and wing from you guys about 8 years ago and didn't make it much longer until an injury sidelined me for a long time. I am finally ready to start diving again and want to know what I need to do to get the gear in top shape. I bought a LCD 30; I can't remember which BP I bought (although I'm looking at it here; I don't see any model markings). They have both been in storage inside my house in a closet for years with no use to speak of.

For the BP, the only thing I I'd question is the nylon belts, but they seem fine. There hasn't been any moisture or sun exposure, so I should be ok there correct?

For the wing, do I need to replace the o-rings on the inflater hose? How much should I trust the bladder? Is there a way to check it out or should I just look at replacing that as well.

Visually, I don't see any problems with either parts, but I wanted to ask you directly what your thoughts were.

Thanks again! I can't wait to start using your great equipment again!

tank

Back
Top Bottom