Review: Whites Mk3 Undergarments

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Outstanding review!

I just bought the MK3 myself. I had tested it in a size large and found it restrictive. I was concerned that the XL would be too large and have too much material to stuff into my drysuit, but was pleasantly suprised to find it fit very well (just a little bit large in the torso).

Did you find you had to go outside of the Whites sizing chart/recommendation? Is the Large a bit smaller than claimed, or were you just between the size ranges?

Did you find you had to go outside of the Whites sizing chart/recommendation? Is the Large a bit smaller than claimed, or were you just between the size ranges?
I'm 6' tall and 185 pounds. I don't know what the charts say, I just tried both sizes on.

<snip>Did you get the Jacket? I'm trying to figure out what the heck it's for. You couldn't possibly wear it with the jump suit (maybe just the vest part. I'm guessing it's for out of the water.<snip>

Yes, I have the Mk3 jacket too. Pretty much all I do is wear it topside and around town, it's comfy and very warm.

I haven't been presented with cold enough conditions to even begin to consider it as an additional layer over the Mk3. Like you, I'd more than likely zip off the sleeves and use the vest over the Mk2.

All the best, James

Yes, I have the Mk3 jacket too. Pretty much all I do is wear it topside and around town, it's comfy and very warm.

You're a veritable walking White's billboard!

Great Write up just like the Fusion!!

I have the Weezles here and an MK3 coming in with my Fusion(your writeup made me do it :D ) I had been watching and interested in the Fusion for quite some time(great concept). I will try and post a write up, after I have compared, but I promise you that it will be nowhere near as good a write up as this!! Great job!!!

You folks are making me want to buy one!
I live in Southeast Alaska and am good with cold so I would layer less than some other folks.
I have a new Whites legend and love it so, I might have to upgrade. A friend of mine works for Whites and gave me a tour of the Factory and I could have maxed out the credit cards after that.
Excellent review and now I need one

How warm would it be if you totally flooded your suit?

I had a look at the Mk3 today. It's thick and sturdy and a little stiff, but I don't think it's any stiffer than my DUI 400g. The inserts over the areas of maximum movement are well placed, and the "convenience zipper" would almost be enough to sell the garment to me regardless of how warm it was or wasn't! The shop I was at didn't have one in my size, but will in about 3 weeks, and I will go back down and look at it again then.

I also looked at the Fusion suit. If I didn't need pockets, I would have bought one today.

Back
Top Bottom