Reviews needed for Indo Siren in Raja Ampat???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We finished our trip on the Indo Siren this morning. Will post a full report when I get home (I'm writing this on an iPhone in the Manado Novotel), but in brief, the boat was the most spacious I've been on - both cabins and Dive Deck, and the crew and dive guides were very good. I would go again if I could afford it.
Only minor niggle was that the guides were not good at reading the currents, resulting in a few dives with tough swims at the start, or where we went in a different direction to what had been briefed - and one dive where me and two others aborted the dive because the current became unenjoyable ( we each have 350+ dives, so are used to currents).

Highlight of the trip for me was a site called Blue Magic, where a Manta hovered less than 2m above me - magic indeed! Would definitely recommend this trip, although probably not for less experienced divers.

Neil.

Hi There
I feel very guilty for not writing up my trip report yet!! Work has been crazy!! I promise it will happen.
In short I would recommend the Indo Siren with all my heart. Great great boat!! Great crew! The Indo Siren is new to Raja so the DM's are still learning the ropes. BUT we saw EVERYTHING we wanted to see and more!
BLUE MAGIC ROCKED!! We had manta's cruising up and down the reef the whole dive PLUS massive school of Jacks PLUS schools of barracuda PLUS wobblegong. AMAZING!

We are just about to book the indo siren for March 2013 and would love to read it.

Back
Top Bottom