Reviving the Coast

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tom Smedley

Tommy
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I found new respect for Jimmy Buffet tonight. Of course, Baldwin County is his home. I liked the way the put local folks like Mac McAnally on the stage. He also gave credit where credit is due to those who "write the songs" when he let Jesse Winchester croon about Mississippi. The whole show was great and by the crowd ...a total success. Jimmy, I too, hope I am around when the coast is clear.

Jimmy gave lots of credit to those who helped him along the way. When he was busking in New Orleans Jerry Jeff Walker gave him a ride to Key West - thus his tropical style of music and eventual grand success. Perhaps Jerry Jeff should have been there to pay tribute to BPs efforts to stop the flow of oil with one of his most famous songs (often heard at Vortoberfest) - You know - the one about "Pissing in the Wind."

I had a great time too, thanks to Docc for the tickets :)

The weather was excellent and the music was fantastic!

Unfortunately, I was unable to obtain tickets to the show. Looked like a great time! And then, just to pour salt in a wound, CMT stopped broadcasting the show at the intermission?! That sucked! I would liked to have seen the rest of it. They stopped broadcasting the concert and started running the movie "Maverick". I imagine CMT viewership dropped like a stone at that point. I know I changed the channel.

LOL, that sucks... there was about an hour left of Buffet past the break :)

It reminded me of when you are having a cookout and a couple of your friends break out their guitars and start picking. Just taking turns singing and drinking a couple of cool drinks.

And it wasn't an hour more, only fifty-five minutes.:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom