Right fit for drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Quinten Bart

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi y’all,

I am a diver looking to get my own drysuit and I was looking at some second hand suits. There is only one problem, all the suits seem to be to small for me. All the suits I see are for people that are max 1,88m and I myself am 1,99. So I was wandering how small I could go before it really getting to small. I know the telescopic torso can help a bit, but I don’t know by how much. Thank you in advance :)

At 199cm you're going to need a made to order drysuit, it's obviously going to cost you more but there's not much you can do about being a giant lol

At 199cm you're going to need a made to order drysuit, it's obviously going to cost you more but there's not much you can do about being a giant lol
Is that the only option? As you could imagine I don’t fancy paying 3000 for a tailor made suit 😅

Hi y’all,

I am a diver looking to get my own drysuit and I was looking at some second hand suits. There is only one problem, all the suits seem to be to small for me. All the suits I see are for people that are max 1,88m and I myself am 1,99. So I was wandering how small I could go before it really getting to small. I know the telescopic torso can help a bit, but I don’t know by how much. Thank you in advance :)
There's a few M2M drysuits that don't break the bank. I own and really like Seaskin, but I know there are others over your way. I paid about $1100 USD to have it made and shipped here.

A nice used suit would be at least 2/3 of the cost of a new Seaskin. There are plenty of us on the board that like them.

Good luck!

There's a few M2M drysuits that don't break the bank. I own and really like Seaskin, but I know there are others over your way. I paid about $1100 USD to have it made and shipped here.

A nice used suit would be at least 2/3 of the cost of a new Seaskin. There are plenty of us on the board that like them.

Good luck!
I’ll look into it, thank you very much!

I’ll look into it, thank you very much!
Theres a good (really long) thread on here about all the different options and people's experiences. Have a look.

As someone who bought an off-the-rack drysuit and dived it for a few years and then purchased a M2M drysuit, there is no comparison. I wish I had gone the M2M route from the start. The fit and comfortability is amazing and I really love diving dry now (I liked it before, but nowhere near as much). If you can afford a M2M, and as others have said, there are many good budget options (like Seaskin), it is worth it!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom