Rinsing regulators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i don't worry about the rinse tank, and will use it for everything eithr on the boat
or shore.

i figure that everything will be so diluted in the tank that it's not worth worrying
about it.

Well, here's the answer. Forget the bottle of water, just pee on your reg to rinse it off.

H2Andy:
i don't worry about the rinse tank, and will use it for everything eithr on the boat
or shore.

i figure that everything will be so diluted in the tank that it's not worth worrying
about it.

Diluted, yeah. But not sterile for secnd stage that is going to be in your mouth. Isn't that like going to a restaurant that just dilutes the silverware but doesn't sterilze it? Same thing, it seems.

jonnythan:
Well, here's the answer. Forget the bottle of water, just pee on your reg to rinse it off.

But the point is, somone else has been peeing on my reg for the past 3 years. :11: eeeeeeeeeeeeeoooooooooooo

pilot fish:
Diluted, yeah. But not sterile for secnd stage that is going to be in your mouth. Isn't that like going to a restaurant that just dilutes the silverware but doesn't sterilze it? Same thing, it seems.

And that same second stage that is dangling in the ocean/lake/quarry while you are on the surface is sterile when you put it in your mouth?

pilot fish:
It is the same thing. If everyone else is essentially washing their dirty clothing in a tub, I'm not going to "rinse" my silverware in it, and I doubt if anyone else here would either.

jonnythan:
It is the same thing. If everyone else is essentially washing their dirty clothing in a tub, I'm not going to "rinse" my silverware in it, and I doubt if anyone else here would either.

I take it then that you too do not put your reg in the rinse tank?

Thought experiment for everyone:

Collect ten pairs of underwear from your coworkers at 5 pm. Take them home, soak them in a bucket of water for 10 minutes, then put a dinner plate and fork in the bucket.

Remove the plate and fork, and slap your dinner on.

Would you eat that dinner? If not, why is it OK to suck on something similar if you happen to be on a boat? What if you knew one of your coworkers had herpes or hepatitis? What if you *didn't know* what they might have?

freediver:
So, by being concerned about rinsing the suit with other gear, you're admitting to peeing in your suit, right? HAHA! Who me? Well of course I pee in my wetsuit but I would never admit it! Uhhhh....gotta go.

You just did!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom