Rinsing regulators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jonnythan:
Would you eat that dinner?

yeah, no sweat. there's more filth on my hands and nails than there is on that
plate (even after being so dunked)

you are far more likely to get sick on the airplane ride to and from the vacation.
the airplane's closed ventilation system (and air filters) are breeding grounds for
bacteria and disease (and the airline's best kept dirty secret).

pilot fish:
Do you rinse your reg in the rinse tank after a dive? All the gear is rinsed in the tank, fins, mask, bc and, ahem, wetsuits. We all know what happens in wetsuits on dives when your bladder is filled with all the water and juice we hydrate with prior to diving. So, sorry to be indelicate, we are rinsing our regs, second stage that goes in your mouths, with pee laden wetsuits? yuck. Yeah, yeah, you never pee in your suit. Sure. Is that sanitary. Isn't that a health issue?

Not only is it a health issue, but when my girlfriend came home from a month long dive trip we found she got PREGNANT by doing that. I couldn't believe it but she swore it was true.

jonnythan:
Thought experiment for everyone:

Collect ten pairs of underwear from your coworkers at 5 pm. Take them home, soak them in a bucket of water for 10 minutes, then put a dinner plate and fork in the bucket.

Remove the plate and fork, and slap your dinner on.

Would you eat that dinner? If not, why is it OK to suck on something similar if you happen to be on a boat? What if you knew one of your coworkers had herpes or hepatitis? What if you *didn't know* what they might have?

That's my point. GROSS! YUCK, EEK, EEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Hank49:
Not only is it a health issue, but when my girlfriend came home from
a month long dive trip we found she got PREGNANT by doing that. I couldn't believe it
but she swore it was true.

:33:

she should go into bridge salesmanship

Hank49:
Not only is it a health issue, but when my girlfriend came home from a month long dive trip we found she got PREGNANT by doing that. I couldn't believe it but she swore it was true.

um, uh, well................................ can't say it :eyebrow:

H2Andy:
Some of us civilized folk like to wash our hands before eating..

H2Andy:

you are far more likely to get sick on the airplane ride to and from the vacation.
the airplane's closed ventilation system (and air filters) are breeding grounds for
bacteria and disease (and the airline's best kept dirty secret).

OK, here's the deal. Everyone flies on those bacteria contaminated planes, gets all the germs in their system and then pees in their wetsuits that get rinsed in the tank that you soak your reg in. See? barf

pilot fish:
OK, here's the deal. Everyone flies on those bacteria contaminated planes, gets all the germs in their system
and then pees in their wetsuits that get rinsed in the tank that you soak your reg in. See? barf

you know, it's a miracle any diver survives a vacation, with the airplane ride
and the pee in the dunk tank, not to mention immaculate conceptions...

we should all be dead (and/or pregnant)

:11:

in fact, i'd like to run a poll to see how many of the posters in this thread
are in fact dead from disease right now!

jonnythan:
Some of us civilized folk like to wash our hands before eating..

What difference does it make if you wash your hands before, or after, peeing in your wetsuit that gets rinsed in the tank with my reg? I'm getting ill :11:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom