RIP Kyle Kulp

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cave Diver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Royersford, Pa., boy, 16, dies after diving at Dutch Springs | lehighvalleylive.com

A 16-year-old Royersford, Pa., boy died Saturday following an incident at Dutch Springs in Lower Nazareth Township.

The Lehigh County Coroner's Office identified the boy as Kyle Kulp, but said Kulp's cause and manner of death remain under investigation.

Colonial Regional Police Detective Gary Hammer said Kulp was diving with his father about 4 p.m. when Kulp came under distress. Kulp, who was wearing full diving gear, was pulled from the water and people around him tried to revive him, Hammer said.

Hammer said Kulp was immediately taken to Lehigh Valley Hospital-Muhlenberg in Bethlehem, where he was pronounced dead.

Last edited:
I heard later yesterday, indirectly from his dad, he did not survive. My condolenances to his family. I understood he was 16, not 21. ****ty end to a good day.

Thanks.
Very sad indeed. My condolence to his family.

What a tragedy. My prayers are for the family and those first responders who assisted. Always tough to lose a young person. So sorry to hear this.

Prayers to the family

My prayers are with you, your family and all those who helped.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom