RipOff: bestpricecameras.com

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rainer:
Um, shouldn't this be in whine and cheese???

Me thinks so. . .

Another place to consider...

I have always bought everything from Dennis at Helix Photo

www.helixphoto.com

Good Prices, definitely inline with most online retailers, but I know, if I have a problem, I can call Dennis and he will do whatever he can to help!! I gladly pay a little extra for the continued customer care.

As I have posted here before...I am willing to get anyone whatever gear they need for less. Several of you have made your purchases through me with not a single complaint. Basically, I just ask that you get your best price from B & H, Adorama or any legit place and I will get the price down for you. I simply have an arrangement with a legit dealer in N.Y. to do this for the scubaboard and wetpixel communities. You never send me money, it is just as if you and I walked into a store together but I simply get the price lowered. No scams, no grey market, no nonsense. Yes, I get something out of the deal....the shop gives me $20. on each 1000.00 purchase which amounts to rum money on a liveaboard. Just do it because I can. So if you want something, get the best price you can, plus shipping and I will get it down a bit. Please do not ask me to do your research for you. You get the best you can and when you are really ready to buy, let me know.
Steve:14:

After reading this yesterday, I thought I'd place an order through Best Price losers . com, just for kicks and giggles. I used an entirely bogus name, addy (US), phone number and CC number. The only thing that would work was the e-mail. (hot mail)

Frank Woody from 12 cedarville ave., holtsville, NY 00544, pah leeze........:rofl3:

Low and behold in an e-mail to ff_you @ Hotmail . com from Jamie at best price screw-you, they've not yet charged my bogus CC number, and my item has been backordered........lol.

Next I'm going to place a serious large sized order but give them my real phone number so I can talk to one of these dickheads.

It's going to be a hoot.

Sounds funny! Any update?

Sounds funny! Any update?

Follow-up to original post.

Received a credit in full from VISA for the bestpricecameras rip off attempt.

I avoided any confrontation on the phone, and documented via certified mail my communication and demand for refund.

Forwarding the complete information to VISA via their request, my account was credited within 10 days in full....no "re-stocking" fees were charged. (that could have been several hundreds of dollars) I also sent VISA a Better Business Bureau report wherein many complaints had been documented, and BBB had given them an unfavorable rating.

The rip-off that bestpricecameras (known by MANY names) uses is:

1. Advertise a low price for a high demand item...ex: Nikon D200; pay Google to have optimal product placement in the sidebar and listings for the camera.
2. Muddy order with "package deal"; obscure the price for items. Overwhelm the customer with 'necessary products' at incredible prices. These items are JUNK and can be obtained at 1/10th the price on EBAY and other sites.
3. When the order is shipped, bestpricecameras then hunkers down. When the customer calls to report a box of junk and overpriced accessories, there is no-one that is "available" to handle the demand for refund.
4. Because the order is a 'package deal', the customer is stuck with the garbage. The product is most likely a gray market device.
5. Your call will be placed on hold repeatedly for interminable lengths of time, and the 'manager' will never be available.
6. You will not be able to contact anyone to get a return number which is "required for refund"

a happy ending.

the credit made my day! Thanks VISA!

:coffee:

We can't "thank" for posts in this forum category it seems. Regardless, Tonka, thanks for the warning, and the followup, and glad you eventually got it sorted!

If you paid via CC, why are you worried? My CC agreement has a protection plan on the internet shopping with 90 days coverage. CC holds or charge-backs my payment if there is any fraud transaction. If the seller does not provide the return and RMA information, even don't send back the item.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom