Riviera Maya

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kbkremer1

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am going to the Blue Bay Esmeralda in Riviera Maya on July 15-22. Can anyone give me any dive advice for this area. I have about 22 dives in both fresh and salt. Have been diving since last Nov. I am comfortable with my diving. I dive mostly with my 2 friends that are instructors and they say I am a good diver. I would like some info for some dive shops and any other info. This is my first trip without any of my dive buddies as I will be going with my girlfriend who is not a diver. Thanks for any help. Cant wait to get there!!!

KB,
The Riveria Maya stretches from Cancun to Tulum and there are dozens of seaside towns in-between. Perhaps if you give a little better indication of where you will be, you may get some more responses!

I will say, if you don't plan on visiting here again anytime soon, then a trip to Cozemel and a day diving the Cenotes are 2 must-do trips.

Enjoy!

PS, I head home from Akumal on the 15th!

I am going to the Blue Bay Esmeralda in Riviera Maya on July 15-22. Can anyone give me any dive advice for this area. I have about 22 dives in both fresh and salt. Have been diving since last Nov. I am comfortable with my diving. I dive mostly with my 2 friends that are instructors and they say I am a good diver. I would like some info for some dive shops and any other info. This is my first trip without any of my dive buddies as I will be going with my girlfriend who is not a diver. Thanks for any help. Cant wait to get there!!!

Staying in Blue Bay, few miles north of Playa del Carmen, you are very close to most of the best dive sites this area has to offer. In Playa del Carmen there are nice reef with a lot of life (Tortugas, Barracuda, Sabalos, Pared Verde, Punta Venatdo, etc). Crossing to Cozumel by ferry, 30-40 minutes trip, will give you the chance to see wonderful walls and reef formations (Palancar, Santa Rosa, Tormentos, Paso del Cedral, etc). And driving 20-45 minutes to the south, is possible to dive in the uniques and amazing cenotes, like Chac Mool, Ponderosa, Tajmaha, Dos Ojos, Gran Cenote, etc).
When you go to Cozumel and the cenotes, your non-diving girlfriend can go snorkeling.
Enjoy your holidays

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom