Roatan - Coco View or Fantasy Island?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gstone84

Registered
Reaction score
My wife and I are looking at going to Roatan and are trying to decide between Coco View and Fantasy Island. She is a non-diver and wants to relax on a nice beach. If you know anything about either of these two resorts please tell me so we can decide which one will be the best for us.
Also, how much can we expect to pay for a beer?

Thank You!
Greg

:D

I have not been to either place myself, but just read a Thumbs Down in Undercurrent on CoCoView. Apparently lots of people have been coming down with intestinal problems at this resort. The article said that this has been going on periodically for 5 years at CoCoView. The group of people who reported on it said they were sick for days during and after their trip, and had to take Cipro to cure it. Hmmm.

I was sorry to hear this, CoCo View looked like a great resort. I hope they fix whatever the problem is!!

My fiance and I went to Fantasy Island last February. It was very nice, but very isolated. There is a beach which is OK.

One thing I did not like about Roatan in general were all of the biting insects. I had something like 140 bites that I could see (plus the ones on my back).

Diving was pretty good. We went outside the resort to do a shark dive and a dolphin dive.

After seeing Anthony's Key resort, we decided if we ever went back, we would stay there because it looked nicer. It was also a better spot on the island for diving. They also have the dolphin research centre there. You can go and watch them swim around for hours!

Co-Co view was right beside Fantasy Island, but when we were there, no one was home.

Thanks Nitroxbabe and Ratherbediving! We have decided to do an all inclusive in the Dominican Republic. I'm not spoiled (Yet) so I'm sure the diving will be good enough for me.
Insect bites sound horrible. I will be going to Roatan sometime just not this time.
Happy Diving! :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom