Roatan FIBR Trip Report Feb 20-27

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Joe diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We got back about a week ago from FI. Roatan . Great trip this year Vis was good and weather was good. I was happy to see the zoo was disbanded. The monkeys were very friendly this trip. Be careful of the iguanas they are aggressive. I tried to give one some fruit by the deck. It jumped up and missed the fruit and got my finger. The staff on the resort treated us like a 5 star resort. FI has a new dive boat that's awesome too bad there is no insurance on it yet and sitting at the dock. Our dive master and boat captain were great. The diving was as good as I remembered. The reef is full of life and very healthy. I just wish some divers would pay more attention to there buoyancy control than there cameras. I saw a couple our group called snowplow destroyed soooooo much reef to get 1 picture over and over! FI is still a great resort and would go back. I have to thank the European divers that travel there. Swimsuit tops are optional.

Attachments

• PICT0590.jpg
    PICT0590.jpg
    398.5 KB · Views: 102
  • PICT0391.jpg
    PICT0391.jpg
    401.5 KB · Views: 93
  • PICT0288.jpg
    PICT0288.jpg
    410.7 KB · Views: 100
  • P1010541.jpg
    P1010541.jpg
    413.3 KB · Views: 105
  • P1010260.jpg
    P1010260.jpg
    442.9 KB · Views: 91
  • P1010403.jpg
    P1010403.jpg
    455.1 KB · Views: 98
  • PICT0412.jpg
    PICT0412.jpg
    401.5 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
Thanks so much for sharing your experiences with us!

I sure do miss Roatan :depressed:

Joe,

Thanks for the report. We'll be in the bay islands from 3-24 til 4-10. Combination of Roatan west end/Utila/Fantasy Isle BR. We're traveling with two other couples. This is a pretty short trip for us because we usually stay 3 to 5 months.Bay Islands are not new to us been diving and instructing there for about 17 years. First time at FIBR. LaCuda is looking forward to swim top optional. Will post a complete trip w/details & photos when done. Thanks again for your report & Pics.

Thanks for the update. I can't stand it, hehe, my wife and I are heading back to FI in June--92 days *sigh*. What boat were ya on?

I am so sorry I did not get a pic of you with your hair in braids and beads. Looked great. :D

Thanks for the trip report and picts, two more weeks and we will be there.:D

Hi Joe, Sorry we never really got to chat. I was getting in the water at the gazebo when you were getting out. I think someone on your group took some photos of my group down there.
A good time was had by all.

So...are you going to post a trip report - WITH PICTURES???
What? Not much to say that hasn't been said recently. Great trip, fun place, great diving, food sucked, room was interesting but thanks to your suggestion we got a room in the new building - and the floor was probly level before the earthquake, but I obeyed the signs about not feeding the animals, well except for one duck that hung around the dock. He knew what that bread offering was right away!
Hi Joe, Sorry we never really got to chat. I was getting in the water at the gazebo when you were getting out. I think someone on your group took some photos of my group down there.
A good time was had by all.
Ken here put together a fine trip, cheaper than I could book on my own, and it was a fun bunch of people but then that may have something to do with Ken's smiling leadership. Steve shared a room with me so neither of us had to pay for singles, I took meds to reduce my snoring, etc but I think he can sleep thru anything. Really a good guy to share space with and a fine diver for such a newbie. :thumb:

Ok, changed my mind. I posted one. :silly:

Last edited:
Thought I would post the pics from the night dive. The braids were all my hair made the diving a lot easer.

Attachments

• P1010521.jpg
    P1010521.jpg
    390.4 KB · Views: 66
  • P1010523.jpg
    P1010523.jpg
    397.6 KB · Views: 77
  • P1010527.jpg
    P1010527.jpg
    400.1 KB · Views: 78
  • P1010331.jpg
    P1010331.jpg