Roatan, Here we come!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RoatanMan:
Larry's a good man and he'll surely show you a good time. You have a good and reliable host there! Enjoy!

(Remember... do go s-l-o-w-l-y underwater!)

Noooooo Problemoooooooooooo Amigooooooo - Poco a Poco

The whole point of our vacation in choosing a spot like Reef House Resort is to not need to do ANYTHING hurriedly. Evidently, even no rush to the boat to get the best seats, or site requests in, or dining table, etc. for 5 days of our trip! We want to get as far AWAY from our hectic day to day lives as possible.

Hopefully this will parallel our absolutely wonderful vacation on Dominica a few years' back. We were the only renters at Anse-a-Liane that week, and so had essentially a personal chef at our whim - and he could easily appear on "Great Chefs of the World' some time based on what we ate. Dive operator we used was very family oriented and also in no hurries - East Carib Dive.

has anyone stayed at bananarama, its a 5 star padi area with housing and diving. i am thinking about diving and taking spanish there. on west end. not very fancy but not looking for that..
any responses would be helpful..thanks :

drpmr1:
has anyone stayed at bananarama, its a 5 star padi area with housing and diving. i am thinking about diving and taking spanish there. on west end. not very fancy but not looking for that..
any responses would be helpful..thanks :
We dove with them last year, and our friends stayed there. IF you aren't looking for fancy, then this is the perfect place. We loved the place, and would go back b/c of the divemasters we had. Great location too. I think you will be very happy there. How long are you staying?

staying for about one week.
questions:
1. are the accomodations ok.
2. how far to bars and restaurants. i understand breakfast only in the package.
3. how was the diving???
thanks

staying for about one week.
questions:
1. are the accomodations ok.
Absolutely nothing wrong with the accomodations. We just had too many people in our family to stay there.
2. how far to bars and restaurants. i understand breakfast only in the package.
There is a little place to eat a quick bite right on the property at the beach. If you go towards the beach and take a left, there is another place to grab lunch. If you take a right at the beach, and keep walking, there is a restaraunt (can't remember the name) that is still on the beach that we had dinner at one night. If you keep walking until the beach ends and get on the boardwalk, and walk to the end, there is "Bite on the Beach", where we ate almost every night. Excellent atmosphere, we loved it. Spent a lot of time there eating and drinking. Also, you can take the water taxi to West End from there and eat at one of the many places available there. If you are just looking to have a beer and hang out on the beach, there are vendors on the beach that you can buy beer, water, soda and snacks from.
3. how was the diving???
Diving is always great, I dive most of the year in muck, so Roatan was amazing, and the dive masters (Anja & Liber at least) were amazing as well. We had unlimited shore diving which was nice, b/c we did all out night dives there right off the beach past the dock for the water taxi.
You're Welcome :)

Well, back from Roatan, Reef House Resort, and still in vacation 'afterglow'.

Squashie, the new owners were great to deal with, and the staff has been kept on from the previous owners, and they were wonderful as well. I'll post a detailed trip report later in the week - we spent most of our free time yesterday and today gathering up and disposing of downed tree limbs from the storm that was blowing in as we were driving to the airport to leave for vacation.

UndrWatrDan:
32 days and I'll be in Roatan, staying at CoCo View. I am so looking forward to it. I have never been there and am going to dive till I can't dive anymore!

Same here ... except that we'll be arriving at CocoView in 11 days.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

WarmWaterDiver:
Well, back from Roatan, Reef House Resort, and still in vacation 'afterglow'.

I'll post a detailed trip report later in the week - .

Can't wait, glad to hear all was well and that you had a good time! You said something about a storm blowing in...hope the only damage was a few tree limbs.

I just got my airline tickets in the mail the other day, now the anticipation really begins :D ...is it too early to pack the dive gear...I think not! I feel like that person in the Mervyn's comercial standing at the door saying "Open...Open...Open..." will this clock/calender not move any faster...:54:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom