Roatan Packages ???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tuckster:
Who has the best deals to Roatan for a mid Jan to mid Feb timeframe ??

Too open ended a question.

Depends on what you want.

A vacation with some diving?

Or a dive vacation?

In terms of AI's, Fantasy Island is usually giving it away about then.

Sorry... Dive resort.... dive vacation.....probably something like FI or CCV (I do like a TV) :) Seems airfare is the biggest drawback. I'm in Virginia.

Tuckster:
Sorry... Dive resort.... dive vacation.....probably something like FI or CCV (I do like a TV) :) Seems airfare is the biggest drawback. I'm in Virginia.

FIBR has TV's in the room and you'll have time and energy to watch it. They have phones in the rooms, too, but I think maybe only three outgoing lines.

CCV has a TV upstairs in the clubhouse, but I'm not so sure that I've ever seen it- too tired to climb up the stairs after 5 dives per day.

Way different places. No single one for everyone.

Virginia or elsewhere, you still have to get to a gateway city to do any decent diving in the Caribbean. The airfare from Houston or Miami is maybe $650 - $850 and sometimes more. Yup, it is a drawback. The land packages are really reasonable, though. Like I said, every so often FIBR sells it at $550 or so. Watch AKR as well.

I just got back from Fantasy Island in Roatan. For $671.00 we got 7 nights in an air conditioned room, 3 meals a day, 3 boat dives per day and 1 boat night dive, and unlimited shore diving. It was very nice and the food was good too, so was the diving.

Matt

divematt:
I just got back from Fantasy Island in Roatan. For $671.00 we got 7 nights in an air conditioned room, 3 meals a day, 3 boat dives per day and 1 boat night dive, and unlimited shore diving. It was very nice and the food was good too, so was the diving.

Matt

Any real drawbacks to your trip? Looking at this location possibly sometime in June.....would be interested in your trip details and airfare info. I'm in NC too.
Thanks
Mark

Another place to check out would be the Inn of Last Resort. It is on the north-west end of the island, a few miles from AKR. It offers three meals, three boat dives daily, one night dive, air con., etc. Here's the link to their site. http://www.innoflastresort.com/

modivin:
Any real drawbacks to your trip? Looking at this location possibly sometime in June.....would be interested in your trip details and airfare info. I'm in NC too.
Thanks
Mark
Without getting into too much detail, the flight to and from was horrible. Charlotte to Miami (the worst airport on this earth) on American, 6 hour layover, Miami to Roatan on Taca. Then Roatan to Miami on Taca, 6 hour layover again in hell, then Miami to Charlotte on American, the airline that couldn't keep 4 pieces of luggage together. The piece that they lost was the one with the dive gear in it. Avoid Miami at all costs. I know that's almost impossible going to Roatan. Roatan was nice, but I'm going back to my Charlotte to Cozumel direct flights once things get cleaned up a bit in Coz.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom