Roatan Trip Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AKR is amazing. I have never seen an operator work so hard to give you what you bargained for. I was there at the same time as Cajundiva (though we were on our own boat with our own group). When the storm came through, they took about 7 boats over to the south side of the island (who else has 7 boats to move around?) and got us out each day -- despite the fact that it was blowing like heck and raining to beat the band. Cajundiva didn't go (which may have been smart since he was on the island for 2 weeks) but for those of us who had just arrived, being able to dive (despite the conditions) was a godsend. AKR brought the boats back on Wednesday and then took us back over to the South side again on Thursday for the regularly scheduled piknick on their island on the South side. In my experience, with the cost of fuel as high as it is, most operators go the least distance possible. AKR seems oblivious to their cost and does its best to get you out diving every possible chance they get.

I will be back!

<TED>

Thanks, I was starting to get concerned as I have never been to Roatan and had heard good things about AKR in the past. I really do appreciate your report, for both sides of the Island! Sorry if I sounded a little rough. It is hard to make a comment without sounding different than I intend. I know I would be well served to use the emoticons. I have been around clueless before, on a Cozumel trip on 1 dive I got my reg ripped out of my mouth, my mask knocked off and kicked in the jaw, by the same person! Thanks again for the answers! We will get there the day after Christmas for a week. We are so excited. My wife doesn't dive but is still really excited to go to a new and different place.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom