Rob Stewart and Third Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

... which was apparently ruled out by the log files.

Can those log files be edited? Can that underlying software be "broken into"? Just wondering

Plus, wonder what the chain of evidence looks like for that RB?

Can those log files be edited? Can that underlying software be "broken into"? Just wondering

Plus, wonder what the chain of evidence looks like for that RB?

J...

On a slightly different topic...same subject...it appears a major change is presently occurring at Add Helium...

Googling Add Helium now directs searcher to ''Nexus''...nothing appears to be for sale...no used rebreathers...web site sub-links appear under construction...

Nothing else to ad...At first I thought it was search engine mix-up...but a new company...''Nexus'' keeps appearing...assuming the end of one...and the beginning of another...

W.

Shouldn't it be a matter of calculating gas loading and doing the appropriate decompression? Seems to me that if you calculate things correctly and do the required deco you should be able to do an unlimited number of dives. Well..at some point, you'll run out of hours in a day... but otherwise you should be good.

You run into trouble when you don't follow your calculated plan, as with any dive.

Shouldn't it be a matter of calculating gas loading and doing the appropriate decompression? Seems to me that if you calculate things correctly and do the required deco you should be able to do an unlimited number of dives. Well..at some point, you'll run out of hours in a day... but otherwise you should be good.

You run into trouble when you don't follow your calculated plan, as with any dive.

You're making the assumption that the decompression obligation that you've calculated is appropriate for the dive profile. You're making the assumption that as long as you follow the schedule that you've calculated, you will be safe.

To be very clear. They weren't hypoxic, and they had omitted deco by any reasonable dive planning software or tables.

Wookie,

What testing of the rebreathers as dived has been done to rule out ANY chance of hypoxia being the root cause?

Aware the dive computer that was recovered apparently didn’t show an hypoxic PPO2 during the dives.
But this is not quite the same as the diver NOT potentially breathing or having been exposed to a hypoxic mix off the loop.
Noting a rebreathers PPO2 monitor or controller only shows what the ?# of galvanic oxygen cells are generating as a mV and if the cells are current limited or water blocked NOT what the actual breathed loop PPO2 is.

Both failure modes amongst others that can generate a hypoxic condition, being a potential concern on any e/mCCR. The first instructor related in this unique case and the second more design specific.

Wookie,

What testing of the rebreathers as dived has been done to rule out ANY chance of hypoxia being the root cause?

Aware the dive computer that was recovered apparently didn’t show an hypoxic PPO2 during the dives.
But this is not quite the same as the diver NOT potentially breathing or having been exposed to a hypoxic mix off the loop.
Noting a rebreathers PPO2 monitor or controller only shows what the ?# of galvanic oxygen cells are generating as a mV and if the cells are current limited or water blocked NOT what the actual breathed loop PPO2 is.

Both failure modes amongst others that can generate a hypoxic condition, being a potential concern on any e/mCCR. The first instructor related in this unique case and the second more design specific.
NEDU does not tell us their testing methods, but they did test them. That report is not yet public.

J...

On a slightly different topic...same subject...it appears a major change is presently occurring at Add Helium...

Googling Add Helium now directs searcher to ''Nexus''...nothing appears to be for sale...no used rebreathers...web site sub-links appear under construction...

Nothing else to ad...At first I thought it was search engine mix-up...but a new company...''Nexus'' keeps appearing...assuming the end of one...and the beginning of another...

W.

What does that mean for the "The Deco Stop" and "Rebreather World" forums, both are owned by Peter Sotis?

Michael

Unless I’m thinking wrong, he was on the loop on the surface, not bailed out, so the computer would show what he was breathing. Current limited cells shouldn’t generate a hypoxic condition, and there’s no way to know if the cells were all water covered during the dive since I’m sure the unit was flooded when it was recovered.

BTW, what happens when you strip a person and the corporation he owns of their assets, in order to preclude the assets being siezed as the result of loosing a lawsuit, especially since the person can't file again for personal bankruptcy for several years?

Michael

its official add helium is gone was just confirmed to me by phone by the ex employee

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom