Rock Boots?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DivingCRNA

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just got my used dry suit and it has latex feet. It has been suggested to me that this allows you to wear DUI's Rock Boots.

Well, DUI wants plenty for these boots, and they look like high top tennis shoes. Can one simply wear a pair of high tops instead? Or can I wear my 5 mm hard soled wetsuit booties over the suit?

Thanks,

I was on short notice for a dive, so I went out and bought a pair of Chuck Taylor All-Stars for about $45. They work fine, although I'm waiting to see how long they last.

They come in spiffy colors including all black, pink, plaid, and camo. You might have to upgrade the laces.

I've heard that rock boots are fairly cheap on Ebay.

You can probably use your wetsuit boots but everyone I know wears Converse hi-tops.

DivingCRNA:
I just got my used dry suit and it has latex feet. It has been suggested to me that this allows you to wear DUI's Rock Boots.

Well, DUI wants plenty for these boots, and they look like high top tennis shoes. Can one simply wear a pair of high tops instead? Or can I wear my 5 mm hard soled wetsuit booties over the suit?

Thanks,

if the suit has latex feet use standard neoprene boots..any thing else,especially rock boots may damage delicate latex boot..also you will get cold feet if you use anything else..

oly5050user:
..also you will get cold feet if you use anything else..

I don't think so, you wear your insulation inside the suit. Moisture wicking layer, fleece socks, then wool... Just like the rest of your undergarment. Some undergarments cover your feet with the same layer as the rest of the suit, like footie pajamas.

do it easy:
I've never heard of latex socks, I thought that divingCRNA meant neoprene socks. How about some clarification?

I've heard of latex ankle seals, similar to wrist seals. Why would a latex sock be useful?

The feet are made of latex. Swear to god. I was surprised to see it too.

DivingCRNA:
The feet are made of latex. Swear to god. I was surprised to see it too.

OK, so what's the story? Did the previous owner use the drysuit for clamming? Why would anyone put latex socks on a drysuit? Enquiring minds want to know!!

What kind of conditions/temps do you dive in? Boat, shore, or picnic table?

Back
Top Bottom