Roll Call for all Mid-Atlantic Bottom Feeders

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm heading down to Rawlings this weekend if anyone will be there. Look for the ridiculously over-equipped types heading down to the dock looking like they're dropping onto the Titanic.

A dive buddy of mine is working up to a cave course, and I'm going to be the evil training demon who will make his dives interesting.

Hope to see some of you down there.

Doc

EmilyS:
Do you mean Millbrook? I am diving there on the 8th (and maybe on the 9th as well). The Dive Shop (in fairfax-the shop that owns millbrook) organized "fun dives" there every sunday where they provide a divemaster and buddy-up the singles. So I might check that out.

Yeah, sorry...Millbrook...drop me a line when you confirm plans. If you need some people to splash with we'll be happy to have ya! If not, just say hello!

Doc Intrepid:
I'm heading down to Rawlings this weekend if anyone will be there. Look for the ridiculously over-equipped types heading down to the dock looking like they're dropping onto the Titanic.

A dive buddy of mine is working up to a cave course, and I'm going to be the evil training demon who will make his dives interesting.

Hope to see some of you down there.

Doc
How did your cave training go? Sorry to have missed you again. I was in te St. Lawrence Seaway saoking in some good wreck dives. We really are going to have to schedule some diving together. I miss ya.

Welcome aboard Sal. When are you getting certified?

Welcome aboard Sal. When are you getting certified?
thanks, I'm in the middle of my cert classes right now. The checkout dives are schedualed for the 22nd & 23rd.

Blacksburg huh, I was living in Lynchburg, VA before I got moved to the desert for a year :wink:

Just got back from Mt. Storm. If anyone is interested the water is about 86F and viz is around 10'. We were the only ones there so the bottom wasn't stirred up, viz was as good as it could have been.

I was also at Summersville Lake yesterday and the surface temps were about 76F and the viz about 10'. Had the whole lake to ourselves, not even much boat traffic. I would think more people would be trying to get the last few warm days in but I'm not complaining, it was nice.

So the temps are dropping at Storm. Last weekend we had 95 at the surface and 88 at the 90. Just wore a skin. Going down next weekend to assist with checkouts. Might bring the polartech and throw the 5 mil in for stuff and giggles. Got 8 students so that's going to mean 2 groups and around 16 or so dives for the weekend plus any fun stuff I'd like to do. May do a night dive.

Hey gang.

Clear Blue and I and many other folks from the dive shop will be at Summersville Lake on Sat 22 Sept around 9am for a day of diving. We will be at the winter boat ramp. Come out and join us.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom