Romblon Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the update and trip report and photos. Amazing!!

There are two airlines going to Tugdan Airport, Tablas Island, Romblon: ZestAir (Zest Airways Inc.) and SeAir (flyseair)
There are flights going (from Manila Domestic Airport) each day of the week except Sundays.

Diving in Romblon is great! From what I know there are two registered dive centers: Ducks Diving Romblon at The Three P Holiday & Dive Resort (Philippinen/Romblon/ The Three P ≈ DUCKS DIVING) and Cabanbanan (Neue Seite 1).

Thanks for the update. I have been trying to decide where to go this year for my dive trip. I may go check out Romblon.

you can find great diving in romblon province
wall, slope, u/w island, caves, canyons, arch, sanctuary
coral are healthy and fish very good
i dive with whale sharks last may

in romblon island 4 instructors are there to guide you all very professionnal and friendly

Yvan Raggi swiss-french at Marble Beach San Pedro

Peter filipino-german at Lonos ducks-diving

Joseph swiss-german at Agtongo cabanbanan resort

Pedro french at Nonok Beach Lonos

accommodations at resorts hotels or private beach houses are cheap and good
people are very friendly and the place is very quiet and safe.no worry

2 british guys run restaurant in romblon town and good food there
Bob at Republika Cafe
Dave at Deli Romblon

a new restaurant open offering crepes run by an australian

night life is none cos few tourist down here but that what we like

get there and enjoy

be always a safe diver

Thanks! That wall shot looks nice!

Does anybody know up to date timetable for ferries going from Batangas pier to Romblon and back? I'm going to PG next friday and was thinking to do Romblon sidetrip on my way back:idk:

-Sami

Does anybody know up to date timetable for ferries going from Batangas pier to Romblon and back? I'm going to PG next friday and was thinking to do Romblon sidetrip on my way back:idk:

-Sami

Answering to my own question:)
I was in Romblon for one week in end of september. Relatively easy to go there from Puerto Galera/Manila. There is a boat connection every mon,thu and sat from Batangas, leaving around 4pm. Trip takes about 12hours, making one stop in Odiongan. Return trip always on the following day around 2pm. Boat fare was around 900-1300p one way (cant remember exact amount), depending if it's economy or deluxe. I would highly recommend "deluxe", you can at least get some sleep in bunk beds:D

Answering to my own question:)
I was in Romblon for one week in end of september. Relatively easy to go there from Puerto Galera/Manila. There is a boat connection every mon,thu and sat from Batangas, leaving around 4pm. Trip takes about 12hours, making one stop in Odiongan. Return trip always on the following day around 2pm. Boat fare was around 900-1300p one way (cant remember exact amount), depending if it's economy or deluxe. I would highly recommend "deluxe", you can at least get some sleep in bunk beds:D

So beyond the ferry, how was Romblon??

Romblon was great. Small and quiet town with no nightlife but really friendly and laidback people. No traffic except for few jeepneys and tricycles. Affordable accomodation, i stayed in Marble house. Big basic rooms with fan for 400p for 2 people. There is also 2 bigger hotels, i think they charge about 1000p per night.
There is only one atm in town with 4000p withdraw limit so i would advice to bring enough cash. Cant really count on atm coz it was empty many times during that week.

Diving was also nice! but because of typhoon i was able to go diving only 2 days, total 5 dives. Nice healthy corals with plenty of fish and small stuff. Absolutely going there again to explore more. I dived with Ducks Diving and can highly recommend them. Diveshop is run by 3 german brothers, Peter, Patrick and Philipp. I was their only diving customer then and was guided by Patrick. They also have nice looking resort about 20mins from town centre and food there was really good! http://www.the-three-p.com/tauchen_philippinen_dive-resort_eng.html
Here is some photos i took -> https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/111812412419239841949/albums/5663009725601234481?hl=en
(Most of the pics are from Romblon, i'll upload some videos later also...) Divesites we went were BonBon, Logbon and Alad 1&2. Ducks Diving had about 20 divesites on their map, around romblon and nearby islands.

If more question about Romblon, i'm happy to tell more:coffee:

Back
Top Bottom