Royal Caribbean Shore Excursion-Cozumel in December

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bdklein

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello,

I will be taking a short cruise (4 nights) from Ft. Lauderdale in late December on Royal Caribbean Navigator of the Seas. The only port is Cozumel, where I am doing a 2-tank dive via the ship's shore excursion. Does anybody have any insight on who might be the dive operator? Also, any comments, experiences, insight. This is my first time diving Cozumel, and doing a shore excursion (2nd cruise lifetime). Thanks in advance for any and all assistance.

My first Carribean dive experience was off of Princess Cruise Line with a Shorex, I believe it was with Red Sail sports. The ships dive coordinator was a DM that had lost her shop in a hurricane the previous season. Even though she didn't dive with us she knew the area very well and offered alot of advice and confidence in the operator. We did a 3 tank dive with a lunch break drinks and snacks. They were all drift dives where the boat followed along with the group. The dive crew seemed very knowledgable and the gear was excellent. They provided both a Lead and trailing DM. The Trailing DM towed a float for the topside followers. It was great for me but I am still a newbie and any time spent breathing underwater is a good time!

The wife and I just got back from a Carnival Cruise. One of the ports was Cozumel and we dove a 2 tank on the Santa Rosa Wall. The drift was about 2 knots along the wall, almost too fast to get video. Nice swim-thrus and plenty of sealife and coral. I have to say, I have been diving in alot of places. So far the best diving was Cozumel. We dove with Dive Palancar and they were very good. I believe that most of the operations on Cozumel are excellent.
My advice, go with the cruise ship's excursion as they make sure you have ample time to shop too. Cozumel is also a great spot to bargain...bargain for everything...it's fun. Plus, if you use the cruise ship to book your dives, in the unusual instance that you are late, they have to wait for you. Cruise ship rules dontcha know.

Hello,

I will be taking a short cruise (4 nights) from Ft. Lauderdale in late December on Royal Caribbean Navigator of the Seas. The only port is Cozumel, where I am doing a 2-tank dive via the ship's shore excursion. Does anybody have any insight on who might be the dive operator? Also, any comments, experiences, insight. .

I think they use Sand dollar sports as their contract dive OP.

I think they use Sand dollar sports as their contract dive OP.

They used Sand Dollar Sports when we cruised with them (4-5 years ago). The operation (equipment, DMs, boat) was excellent and the shoreside logistics (getting us from the boat to the shop and back) were also top notch. While I'm not crazy about cruises or shore excursion diving, that was the best one I ever experienced.

I think the best source of Cruise ship contracted dive ops is Cruisecritic.com. You might want to ask the question there.

A year ago, ours was contracted through Dive House.

For all your input. I have decided to go on my own and dive with Aldora Divers for the day.

I will be diving Cozumel and Roatan from the Royal Carribean Voyager of the Seas next month. After an unwilling three year dry spell (there's not much diving in Iraq), I'm not anticipating much more than a good refresher, and getting wet again after too much time. Prices at both ports for the Excursions was in the $100 range, so it appears that prices have come down from what I've seen here described for previous excursions. Anthony's Key Resort appears to be the dive operator in Roatan. I don't yet know who will be providing the Cozumel dives. More to come.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom