Royal Caribbean Shore Excursion-Cozumel in December

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We just got back from the Voyager yesterday.

Sand Dollar was used for Cozumel, Anthony Key for Roatan, and Dreamtime for Costa Maya.

Sand Dollar and Anthony Key were fine. The large 48 foot boats at Anthony Key were particularly nice.

Dreamtime was unacceptable. I would not dive with them again. If I had read the previous posts on Dreamtime, I would not have dove with them.

Dreamtime Boats

The boats are small and unreliable. The boat one group was on had to return to the shop because of a malfunctioning bilge pump. They were afraid that the boat was going to sink during the dives. The replacement boat's boat engine had difficulty being started. You can't take your dive bag with you because the boats are too small and narrow. The boats use outboards, so you can't go off the stern. You have to backroll off of the side. They don't carry weights on the boats. Two of the three tanks that I connected to were only filled to 2800 psi. They consider that acceptable. We were offered water of unknown origin in an open plastic cup during the surface interval. Our divemaster/guide was almost not able to make the second dive because they didn't have any extra tanks on board and they had to moved around all the tanks during the first dive so that the ladder could be lowered.

Dreamtime Shore Staff

At the shop, they're too lazy to strip weight belts, refusing to give you the proper amount of weight you ask for if they don't already have it available. They're employees are more interested in staying dry under umbrellas when its raining rather than helping you.

Dreamtime Facilities

You have to dress in front of the dive shop. There was very little overhead cover which was particulary unpleasant as it was raining quite hard at the time. They only have one small bench. I got tired of dressing standing up in the rain, so finally, I dragged a lounge chair from the beach across the road so that we had somewhere sit down to put on our diveskins and wet suits on. You have to leave your gear bag in front of the dive shop because you can't take it on the boat and there are no lockers. You have to transport your gear and weights from the shop across the road, down the beach, and onto the boats which are anchored in the water off of the beach. They have no dock. You have to make a large step up into and down off of the boat from and to the water.

The Dreamtime excursion was certainly not worth what we paid for it. On the other hand, the dives themselves were good, but not as good as Roatan or Cozumel.

Hi buddy, you should try diving on the National Geographic Channel on TV, nicely sitting in a massage armchair with a booz, it would be more comfortable for you !

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom