Rrrr Maties... Spanish Diablons

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HPT3

Reaction score
Hope I got your attention. :D The general diver may find glassware, china, portholes, and such, but who here has ever found some real treasure? Please post any photos.

Yes, I should say 53 cents does count. In my ow class, while diving at Dutch Springs, PA, a student found a watch in the quarry.

To date: bottles, cans, fishing lures, one shoe, one 2lb weight, and a dive slate dropped by a buddy on a previous dive.

Oh yeah... :$$:

...in 12 feet of water. I was freediving at teh time and it was an easy pick-up. It's a popular dive spot and I can hardly believe no-one else had found it first! Or even lost it, even harder to believe!! When I cleaned it up, it looks pretty new, just a little scratch on the outside frame above the nosepiece.

Dive mask for sale... best offer...

While diving the Andrea Doria, I found several artifacts as well a a small chest filled with diamonds and a ruby.....and then my alarm clock went off and I woke up!;-0

I know docmartin found a nice lift bag at Dutch Springs one day. Too bad it was the "lost diver" I was searching for at the time.... :eek:

I tracked him down before he left so my instructor got his lift bag back and I got credit for the rescue! :D

A license with Mel Fishers group to work the 1715 fleet wreaks off of Sebastian, Florida down to Jupiter inlet. We have found some silver reals, a little gold, and a lot of EO's (encrusted objects) over the years. It's a lot of work, 4 to 5 hours a day under water in about 15 to 25' of very murky water. Yet, we have been coming back for the last 7 years every summer?! There have been some nice finds by others working almost along side of us. This year a nice gold box (about 4" x 3") was found with a 5' long gold chain and ring with precious stones in it. Valued at auction at about $250,000. (We didn't find it). As for pictures go to www.Melfisher.com I'm attaching it here.

Ornate Gold Box filled with a 5' gold mesh chain, 7 emerald studded cross, 2 emerald rings- one of which is a three band ring

Keep searching!

HPT3 once bubbled...
Hope I got your attention. :D The general diver may find glassware, china, portholes, and such, but who here has ever found some real treasure? Please post any photos.

Diablons?

Dubloons.

And no. I find more weight belts than anything else.

Crap.

Found a dive light last week. Found dive knives on a few occasions. Assorted weight pouches turn up on occasion too.

I once found an engagement ring near a dock at the UW Madison.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom