Rumor: Scubapro Mk17 to be discontinued soon?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Where did this come from please? I haven't seen anything like this in any of the SP literture I receive on regular basis so far (EMEA region).
Scubapro has also been denying for the past year and a half that their galileo sol battery is not being produced anymore. I guess they know better than Varta. (The Sanjo had been out of production for a while now).

It felt so shady to me, that I asked my battery supplier and then got the official confirmation from Varta that the battery had been out of production for almost two years now.

Also went to ScubaPro.com and did a search for MK17 on their website and got zero (0), results

There is also this article that may give us a hint on the future of MK17

View attachment 721949
MK 19 - Improved performance in a COMPACT DESIGN ... Whaddadafrack?

It's as big around as the MK17 but as long as an MK25. Like they took an MK17 and stuck a big honkin turret on top. Heavier than either the 17 or the 25... Maybe both. Glad they didn't make it in a jumbo size.

OMMOHY

Where did this come from please? I haven't seen anything like this in any of the SP literture I receive on regular basis so far (EMEA region).
Also went to ScubaPro.com and did a search for MK17 on their website and got zero (0), results
It’s been common domestic dealer knowledge for a while unfort. Even the history of the original MK19 not being brought to the US was interesting, out of fear of eating into the sales of the MK25.

What I don't understand is that price wise, the MK19 isn't really a replacement for the MK17, there is a big price difference between the two, around 85 euros. If SP doesn't have a first stage between the MK19 and the MK11, this means that the price gap between the MK19 and Mk11 is about 160 euros which is huge.

(The only MK17/Second stage combos available now in our region, EMEA, is the MK17/C370 and the MK17/S600).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom