RX-100 nauticam front dial

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Same thing happened to me. At least I was stuck at F8 for the entire first dive. The next dive i used a tiny piece of foam that wedged between the ring and camera as I inserted the camera. With that fix, it worked perfectly for the entire trip.

Thanks 5280, will try this first instead of removing the actual ring.

We had this same issue with our two housings. The first one manifested itself before our trip to Palau, the second while we were there. We did try the flip of the ring on the camera that had the issue before the trip, but that didn't help. What we ended up doing was to remove the flexible ring that grips the RX-100 front dial (This sits inside a channel in the Nauticam ring and can be removed with a fine screwdriver without removing the Nauticam ring). We then inserted a thin strip of paper into the groove and replace the flexible ring. Problem completely solved with no slippage from that time forward. When in Palau, we first tried a business card to fit in the channel, but it was too thick. On land, once we put the camera back in, you could feel that the front dial was was much more difficult to use. We removed this and replaced it with a slip of paper and things were great. A really easy fix. This gives the ring a bit more pressure on the camera without "modifying" the camera wheel.

If you are in Manual Mode on RX-100, you can use the back control wheel to (alternately) adjust shutter speed or F-stop. Pressing the bottom function on the wheel, i.e. the bottom button on the housing toggles between the two. The active function is red on the LCD when spinning the back control wheel. For me, this is almost easier than fiddling with the front control wheel. Sorry for the late post; I've just started using ScubaBoard more frequently, and just bought my RX-100 and Nauticam housing at the Long Beach Scuba Show this year.

Mine has the same problem. I found inserting a business card under the rotating front wheel almost completely fixed this problem. This pushes the floating internal ring up a bit helping it make contact with the lens.

I purchased mine in Sydney, Australia, and had the issue on two housings. This is a defect with the current Nauticam product.

dp

Back
Top Bottom