Rx100 Close-Ups from Truk Lagoon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ivakdiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Recently did my first night dive using the Sony Rx 100 in a Nauticam housing, Single Sea&Sea YSD1 strobe and using INON UCL 165LD lens. I needed to have the Nauticam 67mm to Inon LD mount adaptor. Here are some photos:
DSC01465.jpgDSC01471.jpgDSC01477.jpgDSC01484.jpgDSC01486.jpgDSC01498.jpgDSC01500.jpgDSC01505.jpgDSC01522.jpgDSC01530.jpg:)

Really nice images!

Wow. Gorgeous.

<resisting urge to look up info on housings and lights for MY RX100>
Yeah, I know the feeling. My credit card has a healthy balance this month.

---------- Post added March 10th, 2013 at 08:51 AM ----------

Ivakdiver did you use TTL and did you trust the autofocus or uses peaking?
This was a good opportunity for me to dabble with the TTL, and I was quite pleased. Regarding autofocus, Given the condition of my eyesight, I am most dependent, and quite appreciative of that magic green dot,square,multiple squares etc.
I currently have a -4 diopter lens in my mask. Right eye, as I am legally blind in left eye. I can see great with the diopter in my mask, but have a heck of a time with seeing much of the camera controls. I am tempted to try a -2 diopter,or even just a plain mask when I am doing close up photos. (Especially, at night) Might try it this spring.

Yeah, I know the feeling. My credit card has a healthy balance this month.

Thanks for sharing.
I'm gritting my teeth for the impending demise of my creit card!! My credit card is about to be completely flattened!! Nauticam housing + Sola 800 + WA lens + extra macro lens!!! OOO thats gonna hurt, but not as much as I'm gonna hurt when the wife finds out the total cost!!

Nice pics, but if they were on TTL something is a bit off I think. The first tubastrea and the last two seem to me at least as a bit underexposed (like 3/4 stop).

Bill

I was playing around with the EV control dial a bit too much?

Would agree with Bill, did you shoot manual or with some form of aperture or shutter priority? If you shot manual that ev does not do anything but the flash exposure compensation would have an effect

Manual exposure. Yes, it would have been the light level control dial, on the strobe YSD1 , that I was altering. From the manual"If the mode switch is set to TTL and a fiber optic cable is connected (in DS-TTL 11 mode???), EV compensation is performed". Again, first time out with this thing, so still learning. All feedback is appreciated.
Now, a question for both of you. I am assuming that with a Program such as Lightroom or Aperture, one could make corrections to the RAW files of these underexposed photos. Am I correct?
I know with the red fish at the end of the set, I had been concerned with reflection from the strobe, if too bright, and I probably did not reset that dial when the last photo was taken. Bill, is there any specific technique one would apply, when using the TTL Feature, to ensure more consistent exposures? I still try to bracket exposures, as due to my vision problems, I often cannot view highlights or histograms adequately underwater.

---------- Post added March 11th, 2013 at 09:11 AM ----------

Thanks for sharing.
I'm gritting my teeth for the impending demise of my creit card!! My credit card is about to be completely flattened!! Nauticam housing + Sola 800 + WA lens + extra macro lens!!! OOO thats gonna hurt, but not as much as I'm gonna hurt when the wife finds out the total cost!!
Always the hardest part of the process -when your wife sees the bill. She was getting suspicious with the increase in courier deliveries.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom