S.C.U.B.A. Equipment Brand.

Why did you choose your current S.C.U.B.A. equipment brand?

• The History of the company.

• The only brand available in my Country/Region.

• The Quality/Reputation of the Company.

• The Color scheme.

• The brand was sold by the Dive Shop.

• Monetary reasons.

• The brand was suggested to me.

• I found a good deal... Scubaboard/Yard Sale/Ebay Etc.

• The brand was given to me.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PISTON REGS:
SP MK 20 AND MK 25 WITH S600 SECOND STAGES.
DIAPHRAGM REGS:
ZEAGLE FLATHEAD 7
HENDERSON 8MM SEMIDRY WETSUIT
SP MASK
FINS ARE SP AND OMS SLEEPSRTEAM
HOLLIS STEEL PLATE WITH HARNESS AND 100 WING AND ALUMINUM PLATE WITH HARNESS AND 80 WING
COMPUTERS SUUNTO EON STEEL AND SHEARWATER PEREGRINE
TANKS ARE STEEL 100HP AND AL 19HP PONNY
I HAD SEVARAL APEKS REGS WHICH ARE VERY GOOD.
ALSO HAD SEVERAL ATOMIC AQUATICS Z AND B SERIES WHICH ARE VERY GOOD AS WELL BUT VERY EXPENSIVE IN SERVICING.
THE WHOLE IDEA BEHIND SP AND ZEAGLE THAT THEY ARE SAME QUALITY AS ANY OTHER HIGH END REGS BUT FREE PARTS FOR LIFE(THAT WORKS FOR ME)
ALL GEAR WAS BOUGHT USED IN BULK. AFTER SELLING WHAT I DON'T NEED I END UP MAKING PROFIT END KEEPING ALL THAT GEAR FOR FREE
I NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM SHOPS EXCEPT AIR.
AT SOME POINT ALL GET MY OWN AIR COMPRESSOR AND THAT IS GOING TO BE IT.
I GUESS I AM NOT GOING TO DO HYDRO ON MY TANKS(LOL)
PERSONALY I THINK SHOPS ARE LIKE CAR DEALERS(STEALERS), THEY JUST WANT TO SELL YOU MOST EXPENSIVE SH..T THAT YOU DON'T NEED.
OR SOMETIMES THEY JUST WANT TO CHARGE YOU FOR THE SAKE OF IT.
NOT SO LONG AGO I CAME TO THE SHOP TO GET AIR FILL WITH TANK THAT HAD HYDRO AND VIS UP TO DATE.. GUESS WHAT? THEY TOLD ME THAT MY VIS STICKER IS NO GOOD BECAUSE IT DOESN'T HAVE A SHOP NAME AND ADDRESS ON IT AND THEY NEED TO DO VIS ON IT, JUST TO CHARGE ME EXTRA $10.:facepalm:
SCREW THEM!
THERE ARE MANY PEOPLE WHO WERE TALKED INTO A BUYING HIGH END GEAR BY SHOPS BUT THEY CAN'T OR DON'T WANT TO DIVE ANYMORE, SO I'LL BUY ALL GEAR FROM THEM FOR PENNY ON A DOLLAR.:rofl3:

Thankfully, when I worked at a shop in college, there wasn't the plethora of gear now available; and there had been little pressure placed upon which brand was chosen.

Poseidon and Scubapro were generally marketed toward scientific or commercial diving; and US Divers and Oceanic, for those who were going to hit Great Abaco, for a ten day trip; and the gear later relegated to closets and yard sales.

I saw more than a few sets of the latter brands with the shop's yellow, branded hose protectors, at local flea markets.

It became a bit of an inside joke . . .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom