Saanich Inlet photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hyper-limits:
Even with the amazing viz,the pictures of the sponges turn out darker than I expected.
But It was a great dive. We will have to go back for sure.

Cheers

Al
My crappy scanner scans the pictures a bit darker than they look in the prints (plus it puts those faint stripes in the background of some of the pictures). In the prints, you can see you behind the sponge. On the negative, you can see the diver (you) even better. I'll go back to the developer tommorow to get them printed normally and see how they turn out then. I'll repost them if there's a decent difference.

swankenstein:
I had the developer print the cloud sponge ones without any "corrections" and it's easier to see the diver, but my scanner still scans them a bit darker, so it's still harder to see the diver on these posted pics (compared to the prints).

Who cares about the diver anyway.eyebrow

Uncle Pug:
Nice pics Swank (as usual). You are a flim shooter, not digital??
Yes, though they digitally scan the negatives at the processor's, print them digitally and then I scan them again to post, so you could say they're more digital than digital. Also, instead of $10,000 for a digital SLR, super wide-angle lens, housing and strobe(s), mine cost around $200 (ok, and $150 for the 17mm lens). So if it floods, I just throw a hearty laugh at the ocean, root around for change in the sofa cushions and buy another one.

I don't know if you should *give in*.... what you are doing obviously works! I couldn't afford to take film pictures as I would end up tossing 80%.

Digital fits me nicely since hitting delete is painless. :D

I said I was cheap, but since I take about 2 rolls of film a week on average , it comes out to around $30 or something like $1500/year. Sounds like switching to digital would make sense, but I keep hearing horror stories about some $2000 digital SLR body only lasting about a year. And then what if I flood it? I'd be too stressed about it to enjoy taking pictures underwater. My film SLR body has been working for at least 20 years (with various people) and if I flood it, I can buy another one for $40. I would switch to a digital steup if it would be guaranteed to last at least 10 years.

Back
Top Bottom