Sad

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wow, that Latin American Herald Tribune story I think gets it all wrong, and I only say that because seeing the picture in Por Esto of the woman being taken out of the water CANNOT be Samantha Paige Thomas as shown on her FB page. (there's got to be at least 75 pounds of difference) Her FB page also alludes to some medical conditions and shows pictures of some prior cruises she had been on.
Are you looking at this page? Login | Facebook

[-]I don't see alludes to some medical conditions and shows pictures of some prior cruises she had been on.[/-]

Oh wait, I found the wall posts. Missed them before.

click on "wall" under her picture.
Yeah, not used to some on the new profile and some on the old profile format. Found it finally. I'm going to post comparison pics from the vid and the FB page but hide them inside here...
Click pics for lager...

S.P.Thomas: s p t.JPG

Deceased: dead.JPG

It's very strange, indeed. Put today's Por Esto article into your Google Translate & see what you get!
Por Esto! | Yucatán
Looks like the same S.P.Thomas I guess. It's says aka Samantha Brantley, and there are many of those on FB.

Totally different medical problems from the other story. This could explain the pin...
La Pyka, doctors said, is known as a variant of a type of eating disorder in which there is "an overwhelming desire to eat or lick non-nutritive substances and unusual as dirt, chalk, plaster, paint chips, baking soda, starch, glue, mold, cigarette ashes, bugs, paper or other things that have no nutritional value. "

If she was a hemophiliac as mentioned in that Por Esto article, that would explain death by safety pin. Sounds like she might have known exactly what she was doing.

I saw too that they're looking into whether Monika fell off the ship at some point. That might explain her blunt force trauma. Having been on many cruises, they require you to card out and card back in, so I would guess they would be able to determine if she walked off in port or not.

Don- there are other pictures you may not be able to access that show a much better resemblance than the one you posted.

All this curiosity seems a bit morbid to me. Not a scuba accident. Let them be.

Which is why it is not in that forum. Many people are skeptical about Cozumel because it is still Mexico and this is an issue about safety and traveling. If indeed the 2nd death is a suicide then not a safety issue. The facts about the first death need to be uncovered.

MMM- feel free to not click on the link, or to not to read the first post if you find it distasteful, or the next post after that, or the one after that.

Unfortunately you won't see this post, since you obviously wouldn't come back to this thread a second time.

There are still questions about Monika that I, for one, would like to see answered. As a cruiser, a diver, and an "appreciater" of the island, I want to know what happened.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom