Safe Diving Kit (In-Water)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

teknitroxdiver:
Oh, and if you get the reeeeeely big widescreens, you can surf back to shore on it :wink:.

HMmmmmmm........

Are we talking Plasma or projection here? I'm sure the guys over in the tech area have field tested both but I seem to remember a review that stated the projection types tend to nose dive at the bottom of the wave, too much drag I believe :eyebrow:

So your probably better of with the plasma, just get a HDTV ready one!

:crafty:

Paul.

A lot of stuff already listed, so here's a few for the readiness folk:
In OMS 660' depth rated waterproof canister:
Cell Phone (When you know there will be available service)
Dye Marker
Smoke/ Flare signal device

r37691:
A lot of stuff already listed, so here's a few for the readiness folk:
In OMS 660' depth rated waterproof canister:
Cell Phone (When you know there will be available service)
Does your cellphone work when being splashed on the surface, or do you have some sort of auxilliary splash protection such as a plastic baggy?

They do make waterproof baggies for phones. At the 2004 Dema in Texas they had waterproof bags for almost anything. You might want to go to the Dema show to keep updated on the new gear. You might even pick up a few free samples for yourself. :)

r37691:
They do make waterproof baggies for phones. At the 2004 Dema in Texas they had waterproof bags for almost anything. You might want to go to the Dema show to keep updated on the new gear. You might even pick up a few free samples for yourself. :)

how do the phones handle the pressure? Any problems? The waterproof bags are great. We take our radios with us when we're snorkeling and have family on the shore. We can hear them and even talk right through the bags, even though they are fairly heavy. Surprised me, but worked great!

I'm thinking about adding one of these to my pocket!!! sounds like a great idea!
http://www.rescuestreamer.com/water.cfmhttp://www.rescuestreamer.com/land.cfm

You first put the phone in the "Baggie" & then in the OMS 660' depth rated container.
I use the OMS EDS system. Verizon coverage, Motorola phone. You do use it only when it won't get soaked. (Common Sense) No problems yet.
Completing the dive, Where everyone does good - ok
Having hot pizza on speed dial after a cold dive - Priceless.

Back
Top Bottom