Saint Andrew Jetty Dive Shop

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cwhite6

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I am probably going to dive the Saint Andrew's Jetties next week in Panama City. On the write up it says there is a dive shop there that is open during the summer to rent tanks from. Does anyone know the hours and/or phone number of these folks? I would like to get a tank or two from them instead of carrying them in. Thanks.

Good example of how google is not always your friend. Be wary of outdated info. There are no longer dive shop concessions on site.

Your better bat is Google Maps, input "panama city dive shop", and you'll see several not far from the park entrance. My fave is Panama City Dive Charters

No tank rentals at the park. At best, you can get mask, snorkel, fins, and dive flags. (The dive flags they carry are my favorite for shore dives because they break down and pack easy, but you can pull them under with you if you're not careful).

I'd get my tanks up the street at: Panama City Dive Charters - Scuba charters & classes

There's also a damn good hot dog truck in front of the shop that serves delicious Chicago-style dogs.

Thanks smarta$$. I did that already and could not find a telephone number or hours for them. And people wonder why so many folks come on this board and never come back.

---------- Post Merged at 04:47 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:46 PM ----------

Thanks for the helpful stuff guys. I appreciate it.

The closest dive shop to the Jetties is Panama City Dive CENTER. While I am sure they are a good dive shop, I, like Hetland prefer Panama city dive CHARTERS (names are similar). They are just a little down the road. Not far from Jetties either. But actually, any of the dive shops around there are good and close by. And yes, that hot dog stand in the front of PCD charters is awsome! (I do wish the guy would get cole slaw though)

Divers Den, PCDC, Panama City Dive Charters, and Dive Locker. All within minutes of the St. Andrews St. park, but you want the best...PC Dive Charters, closest....PCDC....farthest is D. Locker.... although I stopped at Divers Den today on the way to the Jetties and got a few tanks and a flag...I like the guys and gals at DD and CHARTERS. I never go to Dive locker (cust service is sub-par --too much attitude)...just my two cents! Did two tanks and viz was 20ft, dive two had much more outgoing current to fight against, but did see two hogfish, a bunch of large grouper, an octopus, and a really small ornamental trigger!

Thanks guys! I appreciate it.

Dont forget to double check the tides.

I will. I downloaded the NOAA tide app and I will call one of the local shops to confirm the day before. From what I have read the best time to hit it around high slack tide. So I will try to do one dive starting 30 minutes or so before and finish the last within and hour or so of high tide.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom