Saint Lawrence Water Temp ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WVMike

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi,

Does anyone know the current water temperature in the Saint Lawrence Seaway around Brockville?

Thanks, trying to decide which suit to use.

Mike

Looked and did not see that forum anymore?

Figured maybe someone from Florida just got back and could give a report.

CanadianDiverGirl:
You should post this question in the Ontario Fresh Water Freaks forum......

WVMike:
Looked and did not see that forum anymore?

Figured maybe someone from Florida just got back and could give a report.

Hi! This summer has been cool, so the river hasn't warmed up anywhere close to where it could be (75-ish). Two weekends ago, it's still registering 68-72 depending on where you are in the river.

This time last summer, I was diving my 7 mm steamer, no hood. This year, I didn't attempt a wetsuit dive until early August...and promptly went running back into my dry suit!

I dive in the Brockville/Rockport area every weekend. Last weekend it was 72 degrees; quite balmy :). If it's rainy and/or not sunny for at least a day expect a 1-2 degree decline in temp. No thermocline, and it was 72 degrees at 98 ft.

I wear my 7/5 semi-dry fullsuit and I'm toasty warm.

WVMike:
Hi,

Does anyone know the current water temperature in the Saint Lawrence Seaway around Brockville?

Thanks, trying to decide which suit to use.

Mike

If you post it here
Onratio Freshwater Freaks Sub Forum
you'll get more up to date answers

Three weeks ago, near Alexandria Bay the temps were at 66F on the bottom at 200 ft and 64F closer to surface.

Thanks for the replys, I did find the OFWF sub forum thanks for link Vlada. I posted question there as well.

I will be diving there this weekend and am looking forward to getting away from the cold dark lakes of WV.

wow why is this cdn water so warm when the rest are sold cold.?

Back
Top Bottom