Sakonnet Point RI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've been there a few times but I have never dove there. Only a few fishing boats in the cove last time I was there a few weeks ago. I have a sit in kayak but have never dove off one. I'll try to get over there this week to see if there is a easy way in.

See there's one! I may do it when we get some warmer weather, probably sometime in March. I'll let you know.

Parking is a little bit of a challenge there during the warmer months. Early spring, late fall, you're good.

Parking is a little bit of a challenge there during the warmer months. Early spring, late fall, you're good.

Due to the boat traffic those are times to dive it so it works out good.

I've been there a few times but I have never dove there. Only a few fishing boats in the cove last time I was there a few weeks ago. I have a sit in kayak but have never dove off one. I'll try to get over there this week to see if there is a easy way in.

There's a boat ramp right there you can see it in the picture I posted. A RIB would be ideal but yaks will do.

I'm a boat guy from around the corner. I free dive the light pretty often but it's a bit too crowded these days.

How about the lighthouse and the islands ever dive there? Those were some good diving at one time, but of course ya need a boat.

How about the lighthouse and the islands ever dive there? Those were some good diving at one time, but of course ya need a boat.

Pretty good tog spot.I don't shoot bass but there's some. Vis is highly variable as people know. Plenty of guys yak out there to poke at fish, they just anchor their yak in between the islands.

Pretty good tog spot.I don't shoot bass but there's some. Vis is highly variable as people know. Plenty of guys yak out there to poke at fish, they just anchor their yak in between the islands.

Highly variable vis is the situation everywhere in RI. Years ago I used dive the islands with a buddy that had a boat, Always saw lots of fish there and bugs at night too.

It's not a bad limited access spot. Boat access there's plenty of spots if you're not hellbent on shooting bass that has tog and bugs for miles. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom